David LLoyd Cancellation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and thanks in advance,

I'm a member of david lloyd gym and have been for just short of 12 years.

As DL seems to be the only gym in the country which the monthly subscriptions seems to be raising (started off £76 and now stand me at £112) I have decided to part company.

My question is that they are trying to say in order for me to cancel that i have to give three months notice.

I have checked the contract and it does state this.

This does seem excessive though?

is there anyway that I can get out of this?

Hi Cecere,

DL have always been out on their own demanding 3 months notice. Given that every other gym requires only 1 months notice, we feel this is unfair to you as a consumenr.

Personally, I would give them notice in writing as per this guide - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Tell them their requirement for 3 months notice is unfair compared to the rest of the gym market so you will allow one final fee to be taken but then the DD will be cancelled.

Tell them if they harass you to pay more, you'll make formal complaints to Trading Standards and The CMA as well as voicing your complaints on DL's social media.

Post your draft letter here for checking first, if you want.

Remember, whatever DL or their debt collectors say, the chance of them taking court action is very small. Also, this will not affect your CRA records.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)