style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as I am really not sure what to do. I received a text on my mobile on 10th Feb from an enforcement agent informing me that I owed £1401. At first I was unsure what he meant but after speaking to him I realised it was from a court fine regarding a traffic offence that I appealed but seems to have been rejected. Through the process of the appeal being rejected I moved but had contacted the Court to ask them to let me know at my new address.

The baliff informed me that a Distress Warrant had been issued in Oct to my old address and they now needed full payment. I contacted their office as I have never received the Notice of Enforcement and it seems it has gone to the old address. When I spoke to the baliff I said I would try and raise the funds from my work but it is so stressful here that I am worried I am going to lose my job. Payment is due on Friday and I have no-one else to turn to, if I pay the full amount out of my salary I won't be able to pay my bills or my son's childcare for the month.

I emailed the Court and they have said I need to work it out with the baliff but I can't see him doing this - is there anything else I can do?

Many thanks

I sold my car in December 2014 and then about a month letter got a letter from South Essex police to say I had been caught speeding. I sent numerous letters and phone calls to say it was not me driving the car but never heard anything more in October 2015 I got a letter to say that I had been charged with not giving information. Again I wrote to the Court to say it had not been me and produced all the letters I had sent. Again nothing, then in July 2016 I came home from holiday to find my car clamped by Marston Baliffs. I then went to the magistrate and gave a statutory declaration and then attended court and appealed. As far as I was aware it was all finalised. I have however moved since then but had asked the court to inform me at my new address. The court obviously did not give my new address to Marston as the Notice of Enfrocement that I asked them to send is to my old address.

I sold my car in December 2014 and then about a month letter got a letter from South Essex police to say I had been caught speeding. I sent numerous letters and phone calls to say it was not me driving the car but never heard anything more in October 2015 I got a letter to say that I had been charged with not giving information. Again I wrote to the Court to say it had not been me and produced all the letters I had sent.

Again nothing, then in July 2016 I came home from holiday to find my car clamped by Marston Baliffs. I then went to the magistrate and gave a statutory declaration and then attended court and appealed. As far as I was aware it was all finalised. I have however moved since then but had asked the court to inform me at my new address. The court obviously did not give my new address to Marston as the Notice of Enfrocement that I asked them to send is to my old address.

Thank you for providing this additional important information.

You say that you attended court for the Statutory Declaration.

What happened at the hearing?

Was the case against you heard again?

Did you plead guilty or not guilty?

Was the case adjourned? ( reading between the lines....I think that it may have been and you moved address etc)

I pleaded not guilty, if I am honest I am really not sure. I have been suffering with depression for a few years and have a habit of blocking stuff out that stresses me out.

I have just sent a text to the bailiff querying the final amount owed as the Notice of Enforcement they have sent me says I owe £1161 but I am now been told I owe £1401. I am assuming he has attended the old house.

At the moment it seems as though they don't know where I live so I could pay what I can afford for 4 months till it is paid off but the worry is that they will find me.

I pleaded not guilty, if I am honest I am really not sure. I have been suffering with depression for a few years and have a habit of blocking stuff out that stresses me out.

I did expect to hear that this is what had happened.

If it is the case that you gave your address to the court.....then you should contact them and explain that you attended the Stat Dec hearing, and that the case was adjourned (because of your not guilty plea) and that you did not receive a date to attend court and accordingly, you have once again been fined in your absence.

A Statutory Declaration hearing can be very beneficial. Only this morning I received a very lovely message from a lady who I had been assisting two weeks ago. She had been fined £844 in her absence for travelling on a train without a ticket. The Stat Dec hearing was this morning. As is usual, the case against her was heard again. She pleaded guilty and completed the Means Enquiry Form and the new fine is now just £120. The court agreed that she can pay the new fine at the rate of £30 per month.

Thanks I am now questioning if I ever did give them my new address I told them I was moving but not sure if the new address was given. I don't want to lie and then get in more trouble. I think I am just going to have to pay the full amount and then just get into arrears with my rent and bills this month instead.