OVO chasing debt that doesn't exist

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in a communal block so all our post is in the same place.

Last June I get a hand delivered letter from a debt collector with OVO demanding a debt be paid or they'll start court action.

This letter had no addressee,

no name,

no flat number, nada.

I txt the mobile number asking who it was for and how can anyone owe OVO money when we're all with SSE.

No reply.

I then start getting statements from OVO every month.

I've written to them several times explaining that I did a switch conparison,

and stayed were I was;

with SSE so why are they sending me statements.

No reply.

Then today I receive a letter from a debt collectors demanding £221

or....I am Not an OVO customer, never have been never will be.

I take the view that this is extortion plain and simple.

What can info here?

More than happy to go the legal route this is totally out of order.

Ive emailed the ceo this afternoon, no reply as yet.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If the bills have been in your name, then there has probably been an admin error after you did a comparison check.

Easiest way to resolve this might be to get SSE involved and for them to confirm in writing that they are the supplier of Gas/Electricity to Flat A 1 the High Street. Or if you are receiving current bills from SSE, to send OVO copies of these bills, saying that at no time have you agreed any switch to OVO.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

But the point is they were told last June no one on the building is with OVO, why on earth am I running around obtaining details owing to someone else's mistake?

When people say ' the point is', etc, they are basically saying that they will ignore any advice given to them, even if it might help them. It becomes a point of principle because of the annoyance and the point of their post is merely to vent their frustration about their situation.

Not be patronising, but i see these frustrations in posts on a daily basis. Then months later, the people posting these, are still posting that they have seen no resolution.

If it were me, i would have sent confirmation of SSE supplying the address to OVO by recorded delivery and be demanding compensation for the harassment they have caused, due to their mistaken belieft of any switch to them. I would have stated to them what compensation i wanted from them. Remember that OVO have also been processing data in your name and might have recorded this debt on your credit record ( get checking )

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

no name,

no flat number, nada.

Then its relevant...keep it safe in a file until such time you may need it..otherwise forget about it..its obviously an error

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

IMHO this is not the full story...

theres no way OVO would know you'd visited a comparision site.

and a simple call to SSE would confirm if/if not you are their customer.

just because everyone else in your block is SSE

doesn't mean you cant switch if YOU have your own meter.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no name,

no flat number, nada.

Then its relevant...keep it safe in a file until such time you may need it..otherwise forget about it..its obviously an error

That was only the debt collectors visit note. They say they have had statements since presumably with their name on them.

When people say ' the point is', etc, they are basically saying that they will ignore any advice given to them, even if it might help them. It becomes a point of principle because of the annoyance and the point of their post is merely to vent their frustration about their situation.

Not be patronising, but i see these frustrations in posts on a daily basis. Then months later, the people posting these, are still posting that they have seen no resolution.

If it were me, i would have sent confirmation of SSE supplying the address to OVO by recorded delivery and be demanding compensation for the harassment they have caused, due to their mistaken belieft of any switch to them. I would have stated to them what compensation i wanted from them. Remember that OVO have also been processing data in your name and might have recorded this debt on your credit record ( get checking )

When people say 'don't mean to be patronising' their about to be patronising, and you, are most definatly patronising.

IMHO this is not the full story...

theres no way OVO would know you'd visited a comparision site.

and a simple call to SSE would confirm if/if not you are their customer.

just because everyone else in your block is SSE

doesn't mean you cant switch if YOU have your own meter.

Never said I couldn't switch......

When people say 'don't mean to be patronising' their about to be patronising, and you, are most definatly patronising.

Oh, good. I just got the feeling that you were not really wanting any advice. You don't see why you need to contact OVO with any more information and are waiting for a reply to an email you sent them.

I am not convinced that some comparison sites don't pass on information, as comparison sitss in general do sell on peoples information. And we have seen posts to this site where people have been switched against their wishes. But there is normally a process to switching, where you get letters from both companies., so it is a bit odd.

hope they've not trashed your credit file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ICO would be the way to go, if you have zero dealings with OVO, and have remained with SSE, then the comparison website has flogged your details (which they're entitled to do....IF they hid it in their T&C's)

I too live in a communal block, but we all have our own door so have our own letterbox, what exactly are these letters saying?

Irritating yes, extortion, no.....you've not given them a penny have you not?

TBH if your payments are being made to your current supplier, and they're happy you're making payments for the energy you're using, then there is naff all to be worried abut??

So what, a tin pot powerless clown outfit, is trying to con you into paying money you don't owe?

Unless and/or until they do anything remotely litigious then let it go.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Your main mistake was to answer a letter that had nothing to do with you. They then alter their records from "the occupier, 1 The High St", to "Hacked off, flat 1a, 1 the High st" and because computer says so you then get all of the manure parked on you. Stop trying to fix something that isnt broken and ignore them