Lowell - OHs jdw catalogue account sold without warning

Maudymumfuzz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My husband has had an account with JD Williams for the past 6 years,

4 years ago we experienced difficulties and they accepted interest free payments of £20 per month which we have paid religiously ever since.

Last week he received a letter saying the account had been sold to Lowell and that all payments should now be made to them.

I have no issue doing that but they have now started calling our landline (my hubby works nights so we could do without that really!) and we don't want to start being harassed when everything's been fine for 4 years.

Is there anything we can/should do?

My son answered the phone and is now worried sick :-/

Many thanks

Maudy

The most important thing is to keep on making the agreed payments. Don't falter or else it could be taken as a sign that you have breached your agreement and that would allow them to start imposing a new regime.

Write to Lowell and put them on notice that you do not wish any telephone calls from them and that you will be logging everything that comes in. Read our customer services guide and implement the advice there. Keep a log of all calls coming in.

If you have any further problems with them after that then come back here. Be aware that they may well start to demand that the instalments are changed all that you provide further information. Let us know.

just remember lowells are not bailiffs

and have

no such legal powers

when was the account opened

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you BankFodder - much appreciated.

I will get a cheque off to them today as its almost due anyway.

As we have just simply paid each month i have never made any enquiries as to whether or not there are any penalty charges etc on the account and wasn't sure if this is possible now the debt has been sold.

The account i mentioned above is my husbands but i myself have one too with the same company, yet so far that one remains with JD Williams and doesnt appear to have been sold on. I cant work out why they have sold it when payments have been regularly maintained.

Many thanks

Maudy

" I cant work out why they have sold it when payments have been regularly maintained."

Because you ran into financial difficulty and breached the agreement,

" 4 years ago we experienced difficulties and they accepted interest free payments of £20 per month"

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

" I cant work out why they have sold it when payments have been regularly maintained."

Because you ran into financial difficulty and breached the agreement,

" 4 years ago we experienced difficulties and they accepted interest free payments of £20 per month"

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy

I understand we breached the agreement at the time but that was 4 years ago and we have paid JD Williams each month ever since as they agreed.

Then they sold the account 3 weeks ago without any warning or reason and we haven't fallen behind on the payments whatsoever.. hence my confusion.

Thanks

Hi

Well they dont need a reason in all honesty its all in the small print of their T&Cs and what happens if you default on an agreement...your agreement/you are of no further use to them....

Anyway thats water under the bridge now...now you need to concentrate on Loweel

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy - agreed :-)

i was just puzzled i guess and i don't handle stress very well so probably over reacted a tad!

Lowells paperwok does suggest that but as i said as we hadn't missed any payments i was confused as to why.

Hopefully they will be reasonable in accepting the same repayment etc.

Hubby wondered if they might offer a discount for paying off in one go...

. (my mum had offered to help us out if we needed it but i dont know what the implications are if any)

Thanks again

Maudy

Well you will have to give that some consideration...lets see how your new found financial relationship progresses first:wink:

sounds like you need to be sending a few CCA requests now these debts have been sold on ...rather than blindly paying all these debts.....

I also question the logic of using a cheque.

ofcourse we know a dca would never lift a signature onto a blank agreement........

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sounds like you need to be sending a few CCA requests now these debts have been sold on ...rather than blindly paying all these debts.....

I also question the logic of using a cheque.

ofcourse we know a dca would never lift a signature onto a blank agreement........

Thanks dx... i did actually remember that we shouldn't be using a cheque so the letter i have typed up says that payment will be made via online banking. I will get the rest of the info off to them tomorrow..CCA etc and see if that throws anything up. Thanks again - as always :-) very much appreciated

maudy