Received a letter from DWP regarding meeting with compliance officer. Help

LumpySwede
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

Getting worked up and worried over a letter I received from the DWP.

It starts with:

We need to check your personal information.

Dear XXX

In order to make sure that you receive the correct amount of benefit, we need to check that the details of your claim are correct and up to date.

We have arranged a meeting with you xx March.

Why you should attent:

Keeping your details up to date ensure that you are getting the correct amount of benefit. 8 out of 10 people come to this meeting.

If you can keep this appointment or would like to report a change please call.

Then on the back it says:

Any ONE of the following forms of id:

Passport

Driving license

Utility Bill

Any of the following documents IF you have them:

Bank statement

ISA

Wage Slip

Bonds

Property or land I own

Please note that not attending this meeting your benefit payment could be stopped as we wil not know whether we have the correct details on file to support your claim.

-----------

I haven't been asked this before and I've been receiving ESA now for nearly 2 years I think, but I've read some stories about being in a booth with 2 officers who are hostile and really checking people for fraud etc.

I suffer with Agoraphobia and I have severe mental health issues BPD and depression. This is really making me panic now..

If this is just a normal routine check and template then great, if anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Regards

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had one of these a few years back. I was terribly worried about it all!

Turns out it was simply because my claim hadn't changed for a few years and they just wanted to check all was the same etc.

As it happened my circs HAD changed, one of my kids grew up and moved out, which I told them about and could prove with receipts etc of letters, so it at least made sure records were accurate

I had one of these a few years back. I was terribly worried about it all!

Turns out it was simply because my claim hadn't changed for a few years and they just wanted to check all was the same etc.

Actually that's a very common reason for a compliance interview.

People sometimes find out that they are being underpaid as a result of a compliance interview. Their job is to make sure the claim is correct and get anything wrong adjusted.

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

ive had both sides of them , the update of details and the accusations , 1 for working when they followed my wife for 2 weeks all over in the car ,when her sister needed dropping off at work , and the too much money one ,savings of over £6000 ,which i don't have but my own family started that as a rumor when things went belly up when my mum died . rip

im a natural born panicker and did worry every time . none of them turned out to be anything . the one where they were following our car around was the funniest when we mentioned the wreckless driving of the 4x4 . woman got up and left instantly no papers signed nothing .

ive had both sides of them , the update of details and the accusations , 1 for working when they followed my wife for 2 weeks all over in the car ,when her sister needed dropping off at work , and the too much money one ,savings of over £6000 ,which i don't have but my own family started that as a rumor when things went belly up when my mum died . rip

im a natural born panicker and did worry every time . none of them turned out to be anything . the one where they were following our car around was the funniest when we mentioned the wreckless driving of the 4x4 . woman got up and left instantly no papers signed nothing .

Compliance officers do not conduct surveillance.

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.