Smokey1607

Legal Advice after FOS

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 634 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Long story short.

After years arguing with RBS I took my complaint to the Ombudsman.

This was initially thrown out but I knew I was right so appealed and won.

It's worth knowing that the Ombudsmans caseload is filtered by minions who know nothing about Financial Services and are clearly there just to deter people.

the RBS had to refund charges,

pay compensation etc

the main issue led to other financial problems which led to court action which led to my credit rating being stuffed.

The FOS say they have no jurisdiction over the Courts so I need to take independent legal action.

Does anyone know of a solicitors who will pursue the banks?

Thanks

Can you please share the details about the appeal? Any link to solicitor or info? I need to appeal against the FOS decision and struggling to find any solicitor/info.

Thanks a ton

I didn't use a solicitor for my appeal, did it myself. Although I won my appeal I wasn't satisfied but I got nowhere with further action against them because I couldn't find a solicitor who was willing to pursue it and have too much on my plate to waste more time - although its bugging me and I know I should.

If it is your first appeal then it should be dealt with by the actual Ombudsman and not the oik who turned you down the first time, they're just there to filter appeals and get rid of people as quickly as possible and know bugger all about FS. It's only because I used to work in a bank that I absolutely knew I was right.

If you're not sure of your position and cant find a solicitor to use then contact Citizens Advice. Is it the same issue I had, Right of First Appropriation, or something else with them?

My query was in reference to# FOS-Decision-Judicial-Review thread.

My query was in reference to# FOS-Decision-Judicial-Review thread.

netacct, it would be better if you started a new thread of your own rather than tag onto someone else's.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum