BankFodder BankFodder

Graye

General questions on "aftercare" guarantee

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1098 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I think this is probably a general question but in my case it applies some very expensive private dentistry work I had done. The treatment finished in April 2016 and is covered by a 12 month "aftercare" or guarantee. Since then I have had to go back to the dentist to re-insert a loose crown and bridgework which he fitted. This was done free of charge.

The twelve month period is coming to an end and again I have problems with the same two teeth - a crown fallen off and a loose bridge. Unfortunately the company I used (a larger cosmetic surgery company) no longer offers dentistry and have passed any remedial work out to another dentist. I have an appointment for three weeks hence but I'm now thinking they are trying to wait out the twelve month period so that my cover expires as this is a very long wait.

What I am wondering is whether the twelve month period is just that or whether it is extended to cover any remedial work they have done for a further twelve months? It seems that otherwise they might fix the problem again short term now, knowing they will have no responsibility after April.

I've looked online and can't find anything on this.