MCE/mortimer CCJ for sainsbury loan- now 9yrs old - trying to Enforce it?

Ho Chi Min
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another letter arrived today, this time from Engage (part of Marston)

I will as always ignore this one too, although I do like the referrence to a CCJ having been obtained.

Yes, it was 11 years ago.

But before I go I'd like to run something past the wise and sage on CAG.

It's now 11 years this month since they got the CCJ.

They did nothing with it in terms of enforcement, I suspect because they mistakenly thought they had a charging order.

Now they could go back to the court and ask for permission to enforce the CCJ but would have to explain both why they took no enforcement action within the 6 year limit, and then left it another 5 years before coming back to the court for permission to enforce.

I'm not one to say 'never' but in my assessment they dont have much chance of convincing a court to excuse their oversight/incompetence and grant permission to enforce.

However, I'm a little stubborn and would like to see them write-off the amount.

Would it serve any purpose to engage a solicitor to put pressure on them to capitulate and write this off?

If so can anyone suggest a solicitor who would be willing to take this on.

Past experience is that most solicitors dont understand exactly whats going on here, either with the time since the CCJ or the restriction K.

Or should I just put up with them adding to my ever growing pile of polite but meaningless letters.

engage.pdf

:sleep:  Put it with the others and ignore.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

scan everything

shred everything

give it all to the hamster foundation.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

open

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, and thanks dx100uk for opening the thread

Well another year passed and another letter has arrived.

Just to recap the CCG is now 12 years old and for the first 6+ years I heard not a peep from these guys. Then in 2017 they suddenly popped up having realised they might have missed the boat.

I have diligently refused to discuss this with them despite various threats.

The latest arrived today and takes the form of a threat to seek an attachment of earnings order.

So I think I know what the answer you guys will give, but I'd just like to make sure on that.

IMAG0955.thumb.jpg.bbdaeb4a03bae9f63a083cbc57f44aad.jpg

Edited by Ho Chi Min

Keep ignoring. Absolutely nothing they can do. They know theyre out of time, but hope you dont.  So for the price of a letter they hope theyll get thousands out of it.  

Just remember as well, its a form letter. Auto generated. The only parts different to everyone elses are the dates name and address.

Edited by renegadeimp
  • Like 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Just rest easy knowing that they can never do anything. If they are stupid enough to go back to court ( they wont), you can just ask a judge to ask them...  theyve had 12 years to chase it.  Why now?

it is extremely rare enforcement orders are given on CCJ's over 6 years old.   And youre talking like 1 in a million . Or more.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

pdf next time please!

and they