• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

NN v Abbey - *settled in full* at last WON WON WON

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Headline was:

Banks to be probed on illegal charges

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also received an email from Bankfodder (I was honoured!) thanking me for a donation I made, and he said:

The Information Commissioner is about to announce that Abbey's archive

system is subject to the Data Protection Act and the Barclays system is

currently being investigated. We expect a favourable result there too.

We understand that The Coop and GeMoney are now also claiming that their

records are no longer available after 5 years. This has been brought to the

attention of the Information Commissioner.

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

ahh yes... I like the spokeman from abbey bit.... . :D

Did you find the witness statement example ?

Yes I did. Thanks ever so much as usual.:) :)

;) nn

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Hi all

The moment I've been waiting for (apart from the money actually being in my account):

Received he following E-mail:

Dear Ms N XXXXX

I'm sorry I have been unable to respond to your email of 11 October 2006 sooner.

As you may already be aware, Abbey National plc has decided to use another firm of solicitors for the conduct of their Bank Charge Litigation. As such, all ongoing cases - including yours - will be transferred to the new firm.

Abbey is willing to settle you claim in full, and in order to avoid any unnecessary delay they have asked me to relay this to you. Please see a letter attached, which will follow in the post tonight. I have also written to the court informing them of Abbey's intention to settle and that we will not therefore be submitting an evidence bundle by Monday 23 October.

You should understand that due to Abbey's administrative processes, your request that "full settlement plus all costs, needs to be cleared into my new bank account (not Abbey) by 4pm. on Friday 20th October" is not feasible. Every effort will be made to get the settlement to you as soon as possible, but given the change in representation, there will be some delay.

If you have any further queries, please contact Abbey National directly:

Abbey National PLC

Abbey National House

2 Triton Square

Regent's Place

London NW1 3AN

Tel: 020 7756 4398 or 020 7756 4306

Kind regards

etc etc

No letter attached though!

;) nn

WELL DONE!!! Tis a busy day at Abbey, as they just told me that I was receiving the full amount also (and, in fact have already paid it in!)

It's all such a farce as it is perfectly clear that Abbey ARE Ashursts (see my comments at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/35866-abbey-changing-solicitors-6.html)

Great news NN!!!! :) :) :)

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

do you want to change your title yet or wait till you get the readies ??????

I'll wait till I've got it. Too many false starts on this one!:lol: :lol:

;) nn

As they still seem to be delaying, I have sent the following E-mail:

Thank you for that. However you will see that the figures are inaccurate as further charges hve been added and interest increased since my original claim I

attach the spreadsheet with the relevant figures.

Also, I do not want this money paid into my Abbey account - one to which I no

longer have access. I will provide details of my bank account and would think a

BACS type payment could be arranged.

On the matter of a change in solicitors, I have been reliably informed that it

is the Abbey legal department which has taken over the case loads and therefore

I believe this should expedite matters rather than delay them. Therefore, my

condition of a deadline at 4pm Friday still stands.

Can't wait for the reply.:lol:

;) nn

HA HA!! That should get their panties in a bunch!!!

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Me neither. This must be one of the longest ever. And don't forget.... much of this was estimated and I still haven't received more than the original 15 months worth of statements. They may owe me aa lot more when I pursue them for the DPA.

;) nn

I'll be really interested to see what happens when you sue them for non compliance of DPA - specially since the IC announcement. How do you intend giving it a monetary amount?

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

GMIB - I haven't considered my response yet, not until I have the readies. I was one of the first to complain to the IC, back in May so I'll be using all the evidence I sent to them. I first made my SAR on 30th March so Abbey don't have a leg to stand on. Just think of all my time, my paper, my ink, my anxiety, my depression my...... Oh well I think you get the picture.

;) nn

Received a reply this morning informing me Abbey is now dealing with my case and to phone 1 of 2 numbers if I had any queries.

Phoned and was told the guy at the other end (American or Canadian) was on gardening leave and would I phone a different number.

Did so and the very breathless lady informed me she was out of the office and it was ..... wait for it..........."Wednesday 23rd August" but if I left a message shewould get back to me ASAP!!!!:shock: (Another north American accent)!

Phoned the other number given to me by DLA and got through to a lovely lady (North American again) who asked me to forward my E-mails etc and the offer letter. I informed her of my conditions and the Friday 4pm deadline, and she seemed to acknowledge my request in quite a positive way. Particularly when I asked her to take back the charges put on my account since I filed my claim. I pointed out that if this was not done then I would have to go back through the whole process agin to recover these extra charges. She agreed.

Here's hoping!:)

;) nn

Thanks Jonesey. I appreciate it.

;) nn

Well, I spoke to Christine yesterday. Abbey are still being as awkward as they can. They cannot transfer funds straight to my account because of admin procedures. The cheque was aked for by DLA when they were still dealing with the case and it takes about 10 days!!!!!!:eek:

They refuse to remove the charges they have added on to my account since the claim against them was filed. They will only refund what I asked for in my claim. Therefore I am going to have to go through the whole procedure again for £401 added on since April.

I really feel like refusing their offer and seeing them in court but I know the judge would not appreciate this.:Cry:

;) nn

Good God! I really think it all depends what mood they wake up in! They paid my money straight in to my account and didn't even tell me they were doing it!

I also have more charges to claim, and, since this first claim has just ended, I wrote the following letter. I don't know what they'll say, but I thought it might be worth a go. Maybe you could try something similar?

In response to your letter dated 16th October, I confirm that I have received the payment in to my account of £625.66 for repayment of unlawful charges made to my account between the dates of 16.10.04 and 19.6.06.

I accept this payment in respect of this case only, and would make it clear that this does not, in any way, restrict me from making further claims against Abbey in respect of other unlawful charges.

With this in mind, I would like to advise you that I have a second and final claim to lodge. This is for charges made between the period of 1/6/00 and 16/10/04. I have enclosed the schedule of charges, which, together with interest and minimal expenses, comes to a total of £272.29.

I would suggest that it would make sense to settle this claim now, without the need for the further time and expense of court action. In addition to this, interest will continue to be accrue to my claim on a daily basis.

However, as you will be more than aware, I am certainly willing to start legal action if this is required.

I will give you 14 days (ie until 2nd November 2006) to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

I look forward to hearing from you before 2nd November.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

That's brilliant. Thanks GMIB :)

;) nn

No problem. Let me know how it goes. :)

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

you mean they are actually going to pay you out! good lord, wonders never cease! LOL. well doen and keep on at them re athe SAR, they cant just keep ignoring you!

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

Can anybody remember how many views Whizzkid got for his thread? I'm going for 10,000 plus.

;) nn

Here's hoping!

;) nn

Hi NN,

Your start of your claim was about a month b4 mine.

(Hey .....im just a little behind you with over 7000 viewings:p ...im catching up)

Congratulations on your offer i hope the money is not far behind.

I still have a DPA Non compliance claim ongoing too. Ive ask the judge to join the 2 claims. Awaiting his decision. Ill be really interested to see what your next move is on that one. How a monetary value is added to it.

shABBEY really are pants arent they?

Good Luck & i hope they send you a bloody cheque soon!!!

LIP;)

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006

I've just read an E-mail from the lovely Christine(Australian I think). She wanted me to phone her so I did at 6.15pm as I hadn't checked the E-mails before I left work.

She was very sorry but as she was 'just going out the door' could we speak on Monday?

I did remind her that the court deadline is 4pm Monday for disclosure and documents etc. Sounds a little bit like LIP's case.

I'll just have to get my bundle ready.:-|

;) nn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks