style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My problem is this.....

I have a Controlled Goods Agreement with Bristol and Suitor..

My problem is this..

My monthly Income of Housing benefit and Job seekers...

Minus my Rent and the Controlled goods agreement leaves my with just £55 a month.

The Controlled goods agreementis £200 per month for 5 months.

** Is the a way no negotiate a lower monthly fee ?? ***

(As im an trainee Accountant and I need to go job hunting in London )

I have been unemployed for almost 18 months after breaking both my legs !!!

and my only pais of shoes have fallen a part .:-(

SORRY, feeling depressed.... now my life is just falling apart !

whats the debt

and you let them in?

and signed the agreement?? opps!!

ah council tax sorry

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You can't force them to change a payment arrangement - if you speak direct to the council though and explain the circumstances they may agree to intervene but it's not common.

What might be worth raising with the council and with the enforcement agents is the suitability of the amount when you're only on JSA. If it hadn't been with the enforcement agent they could have attached your JSA (in most cases) for £3.75 per week - you can ask for them to return it for a deduction but there's no requirement for them to do so.

Craig

Ummm,

Unfortunately my house mates are from Lithuania, and dont speak a word of English. they would let anyone in as they both work nights. grrrr

You can't force them to change a payment arrangement - if you speak direct to the council though and explain the circumstances they may agree to intervene but it's not common.

What might be worth raising with the council and with the enforcement agents is the suitability of the amount when you're only on JSA. If it hadn't been with the enforcement agent they could have attached your JSA (in most cases) for £3.75 per week - you can ask for them to return it for a deduction but there's no requirement for them to do so.

Craig

Thanx Craig.

Im fine with the Controlled Goods Agreement part. Just not the £200 per month !

Laptop, mine about £50

toaster, mine £10

Landlords.....

microwave

table

2 chairs

Wardrobe

Chest of draws

Grill

Kettle

First month was £44 (paid).... Starting End on Feb, 5 x £200

Laptop, mine about £50

toaster, mine £10

Landlords.....

microwave

table

2 chairs

Wardrobe

Chest of draws

Grill

Kettle

First month was £44 (paid).... Starting End on Feb, 5 x £200

That CGA is not worth the paper, third party goods not allowed, so your tenancy agreement with the list of furnishings belonging to the landlord should be presented to the Council and bailiffs and your goods wouldn't even fetch half the Compliance fee if taken and sold, how much is the debt in total, and is it for your current residence. if so your housemates are jointly liable for the council tax.

Did you tell the bailiffthe tenancy was a furnished one, and therefore the Landlord owns the majority of what Busted & Stupor think they are going to sell to get around 50 quid when all sold. surely nulla bona is still in force even post 2014?

/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

That CGA is not worth the paper, third party goods not allowed, so your tenancy agreement with the list of furnishings belonging to the landlord should be presented to the Council and bailiffs and your goods wouldn't even fetch half the Compliance fee if taken and sold, how much is the debt in total, and is it for your current residence. if so your housemates are jointly liable for the council tax./

A few days ago I was at a meeting where Controlled Goods Agreements (amongst other subjects) were discussed and it is really worrying the way in which these agreements are becoming a rarity. I barely ever come across them. Many reasons were discussed but in the main, with so many household items being 'exempt', it limits the goods that can be taken.

A few days ago I was at a meeting where Controlled Goods Agreements (amongst other subjects) were discussed and it is really worrying the way in which these agreements are becoming a rarity. I barely ever come across them. Many reasons were discussed but in the main, with so many household items being 'exempt', it limits the goods that can be taken.

Don't think that agreement stands as compliant, too many third party and possible exempt goods on it of no real value; hope OP has informed landlord as would be a shock if B & S actually did remove the exempt and third party goods to ground the £110 sales fee.

OP is on benefits, his own goods listed are worth peanuts if sold wouldn't even pay a fraction of the fees, let alone any of the debt. BA would nulla bona still appy, as it would look like B & S did the CGA to garner the Sales Fee, something they were notorious for pre April 2014 with their addition of imaginary fees, along with Equita Ross 'n Robbers and the rest.

Perhaps OP should contact B & S Welfare department with a precis of circumstances..

Is debt from this property Micnuk?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

"Is debt from this property Micnuk?"

Yes, but the other tenants are new. 2013.

(Its classed as a HMO, but the Council has it down as "First Floor Flat". front.)

- just a Victorian terrace house, One room and a tiny toilet n shower. (No shared rooms).

Proper slum lord job.

The council need to be appraised that it is single room accomodation,

is the kitchen also shared?

What tax year does the LO apply to?

It is a can of worms and BA might well be the girl to look at this in more detail.

You must tel, the council that you are a single room occupant with shared facilities and ask they call off the Busted and Stupor dogs whilst the situation is clarified as to liabilities etc.

No kitchen.

1 Room, 12ft x 10 ft. plus 4 x8 bathroom. Nothing else.

(Ground floor is 3 rooms / middle rear is 1 room plus toilet / top is the Atic room)

Only kitchen is the house is outside on the ground floor, with outside toilet..

"BA might well be the girl to look at this in more detail" - Who ???

No kitchen.

(Ground floor is 3 rooms / middle rear is 1 room plus toilet / top is the Atic room)

Only kitchen is the house is outside on the ground floor, with outside toilet..

"BA might well be the girl to look at this in more detail" - Who ??? Bailiff Advice who has responded at post #5

Is deffo HMO then Council MUST be told, and appraised that acommodation is FURNISHED Single Room,

Busted and Stupor also need to be told that they are micturating into a Force 9 with that CGA.

Your housemates might well be jointly liable for when they took occupation of the other rooms.

How I hate bailiffs................. and councils who act on wrong information or assumptions.

No kitchen.

(Ground floor is 3 rooms / middle rear is 1 room plus toilet / top is the Atic room). Only kitchen is the house is outside on the ground floor, with outside toilet..

"BA might well be the girl to look at this in more detail" - Who ???

BA is me (short for Bailiff Advice).

The Controlled Goods Agreement is of little use other than to try an encourage you to keep to an agreed payment arrangement (£200 per month).

As I said earlier, these agreements are becoming something of a rarity (there are many reasons for this which I will discuss at another time).

The bottom line is this:

If you default on the agreement, then the enforcement agent may return to your property to remove the items that he has secured on the CGA. Will this happen?......no. Why is this?.....because the enforcement agent knows that the items listed are of no value.

Whether we like it or not....it is the threat of goods being removed that usually leads to payment being made.

Given the size of the debt (around £1,000) I would expect that your case would likely get returned back to the council. It would be a god idea for you to speak with the council to explain your circumstances. They can if they wish instruct Bristow & Sutor to accept a revised payment arrangement.