BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1150 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

My dad paid into a prudential work based pension type scheme for many years but sadly lost the paperwork to it (he has moved a number of times)

As he is approaching 65 he has tried to contact prudential to have a look at the scheme to consider his options but despite giving them his old details (name DOB, old addresses, etc) they are insisting on an account number before they will do anything.

Is there anything that can be done to make them play ball?

BTW He has difficulty writing letters and arranging sentences due to dyslexia...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

They are fobbing him off. They can search by name, DOB, address etc.

I deal with insurance companies & mortgage providers on a daily basis and rarely use the policy/account numbers to get information.

If it was an occupational scheme he could try The Pensions Tracing Service.

Be aware though, that depending on how long ago he may have had a refund of contributions if he left the employer with 5 years.

Great help there thanks :-) I have just concocted a letter to them which I think will make them take notice, so to speak. I'll get my dad to read and sign it to make sure he's happy with it before sending.