Fit4less - Harlands -Cancel membership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I signed up today the 13th of February with a gym membership with Fit4less in Brentford.

I decided to do that online so I selected £24,99 per month no contract.

I received 2 e-mails after subsrcibing, one welcome e-mail from the club and one with my DD information, the terms and conditions and other relevant information.

After reading the e-mail and reading also a lot of reviews for this type of gyms I decided to cancel my membership the same day.

On the e-mail they state 'Please note that if you completed this membership agreement whilst not in the club, you have a period of 7 days from today in which to cancel this membership.

This right to cancel will cease once you visit the club, or the period of 7 days has elapsed, whichever is the earlier.'

I decided to call them to cancel the membership.

First time I talked to A advising me that they have not received my details yet and I have to call back tomorrow (at that point I didn't say the reason of my call).

Second time I talked to M asking her if they have received my subscription and information she confirmed and then when I told her that I want to cancel she told me I have to call back tomorrow because they do not have all information (only name and bank details).

After putting a bit of pressure she said she will check for me.

After waiting for 6-7 min on the line,

she replied back saying she will put a note on the system and cancel my membership tomorrow.

When I asked her if I will receive a written confirmation she replied she can sent me an e-mail. When I asked her when she will sent it she replied between 9:30 and 5:30.

Obviously having read a lot of information on this forum I do not have faith that they will do that automatically tomorrow.

So what would your advice be?

Call them again tomorrow or put my cnacellation request in writting?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Hi margi and Welcome to CAG

Please refer to the following link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hello Andy,

And thank you for your promt reply.

After having read the above article, I have 2 questions:

1. Should I send a letter cancelling my membership to Harlands (the address they have in the e-mail) or to Fit4less in Brentford? or both?

2. Since I am in my cooling off period should I wait for them to take the 1st payment or cancel my direct debit once it appears on my account.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Send it to both then your covered...I would cancel it instantly

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I'd send a copy to the gym by 1st Class post and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO.

Better still, take 2 copies to the gym and have a staff member sign a copy for you to keep as a receipt, as per the Guide.

Cancel the DD immediately and let us know what you here further.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hello Slick,

Thank you for the advice.

My only concern is if I visit the premises they will say that my right to cancel has ceased because I visit the club (as stated above).

I will keep you updated in regards any outcome.

you can cancel any contract within 14 days without owing anything.

your was online so def you have atleast the 14days

you owe NOWT

or should pay nowt

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Go to the gym if you can - that will not count as you using the gym facility at all.

If they refuse to sign your copy of the letter, send a copy by post immediately to the gym. Maybe splash out on RM Signed For delivery to be on the safe side.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hello again,

I send my letter 1st Class Signed for.

I also decided to follow up on the phone call with M yesterday. This time it was J on the line.

After asking my reference number and his identification questions, he asked me if I called them before, I told them yes I want to make sure that you cancelled my membership and he said yes we had and when I asked for e-mail confirmation they send me this:

Sender: fit4less at hartlandsgroup

Subject: Harlands Agreement: *******(and some numbers which I do not recognise)

Dear Blah Blah

Thank you for your call

i can confirm that your account has been cancelled with no further payments

For all Enquiries Call Harlands : 01444 449029 () Quote Reference :*******

Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 1pm, 2pm - 5pm

Yours sincerely,

Harlands

Should that be enough? Or should I ask them to write specifically that my membership with Reference number *** is cancelled?

Thank you :)

Hi Margi,

No, you need do nothing more now as your have confirmation in writing from the gym.

I hope you hear no more about this but, with Harlands involved, you never know.

Keep us posted about any further contact or demand.

If we've helped you sort this, any site donation you can manage will help us stay here helping folk, thank you.