Full and Final offer through DAS ( Debt Arrangement Scheme)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for some advice, if what I'm offering is reasonable, and see what other persons on here have submitted, and if that was accepted

In 2010 I had around £18,000 in debts, approached a money advisor on DAS, and had a payment program set up, and have been paying around £200 per month, for the last 7 years, with a 6 month break due to illness

I have now receive some inheritance, which I would want to use some of it to make a full and final offer to the creditors. There is also a factor in my health, which hasn't been that great, and want to reduce some of my working hours

At the moment my outstanding balance is around £6000, owed to 4 creditors, with amounts owed to each creditor, £3000; £221; £230; £2000, plus distributors fee

I would be looking to make a full and final offer of £1000, plus 4 additional payments up till May 2017, which would mean £4000 would be written off

Fully aware of what this would involve, ie with this being held on my credit file for around 6 years, but this doesn't bother me, as being on the debt program, I have learned to live with in my means

I have now gone ahead, and contacted my money advisor, with a revised offer, so hopefully the creditor will accept; one thing I have learned being on this debt program is to manage my money, and now see no need for credit cards or even bank loans, I just budget what I need and use excel to do this

good luck.

am not familiar with this scot das system, so cant really help much on it except to say try as low as poss if going to settle.

would challenging any of the debts be an option, if you're going to get defaulted anyway.

what wld happen if payments were stopped after say a cca request?