overdrafts

worried man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when you have an overdraft and you come to a point you cant pay it back and wages get paid in i have read you should open a bank account with no overdraft facility.

ok how then do i pay back the overdraft it i set up a dmp and the bank adds charges all the time i am worried about this and a bit scared any info would be gratefully recd ta

Relax...

Can you tell us a bit more about the circumstances please?

Which bank?

How big is this OD?

Opening a 'parachute' account is certainly wise and have your wages paid into it.

Have you told your bank that you are in financial difficulty?

You should inform them if not, and they ''should'' help you, but as we all know, this is unlikely.

Forget any fees and charges at the moment, open up a separate account with a different banking group, so they can't offset your money.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Open another account with a different banking group, do that ASAP.

Inform your bank IN WRITING, that you are in financial difficulty and you need their help. BUT, do your OWN I&E sheet so you can see exactly what is coming in and what is going out.

UNLESS any debt is secured, then they can be treated as NON priority.

However, it sounds like this OD isn't the only issue you have at the minute?

Do you have other debts which you need to service? If so let us know, and the correct advice can be given.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!