• Tweets

• The BBC has always been very 'conservative in its news reporting although there have been some really quality investigative reporting in the past - seems to be done now though - you need channel 4 for the quality investigating now. Even Panorama seems superficial nowadays.   BUT - That the BBC would have a '(lack of) reality 'star'' who has been rejected by the UK voting public when she stood as a right wing candidate rather than a real politician beggars belief Mind you, Farage set the low bar - Brits didnt want him as their own politician - but would vote him in to the European Parliament even after his truer colours showed. I even voted for him once myself - regret that though.   we perhaps do need to understand that from CONs' perspective - pretty much everyone is left wing ..... :-)
    • You want to watch politics life on BBC 2 Monday to Thursday at 12:15 then you will learn how right wing biased the BBC as become.I'm know leftist but can clearly see that someone on here is a rabid right winger.
    • Some 95% of creditors, representing over £230m, voted in favour of the redress scheme, Amigo has announced View the full article
    • I am back....with the update....   After two letters to Amazon no one has bothered to get in contact or collect the faulty table saw (as of the time of writing this).    In regards to the one Bosch took back, they agreed to replace it - didn't have any stock and said that wouldn't be possible until June, however today I have an email saying they have decided to upgrade it to the slightly 'better model' and have sent that out,  fingers crossed that is good.    As Bosch took the initiative and replaced the faulty unit with a new one that now leaves only the issue of the original unit from amazon that they never bothered to collect.    How best to proceed from this point?
    • ROFL - me Corbynista - I considered voting Johnson rather than Corbyn as clearly stated here, and still think its a toss down between whos the worst of the two. Is that another 'mistake on your part CON?   So CON, rather than accusing others of doing what you do - aka nothing but whine at people with opposing views and try to troll the opinions into submission   break your duck ducky   1. What and where is the solid cost benefit justification for spending even a penny of tax payer money on photo ID for voting? Even without the governments own stats on the lack of ANY insignificant voter fraud under the existing system?   2. What is the simple, already promised in the Brexit campaign and beyond, solution to the food deliveries UK/NI and UK/EU and NI/EIRE which would still allow the UK to negotiate external deals?   Both are crucial to the UKs democratic process and future.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Mediator point - Hermes lost my parcel and it is offering just a partial refund of the total amount requested. What's next?. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/434633-mediator-point-hermes-lost-my-parcel-and-it-is-offering-just-a-partial-refund-of-the-total-amount-requested-whats-next/&do=findComment&comment=5109422
      • 13 replies
    • Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 33 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
  • Recommended Topics

Black Horse arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In July 2010 my wife I purchased a static caravan on a Park Resort holiday camp for

£13693.75

a deposit of £2500 and

the balance on Black Horse finance.

Our finances changed 8 months later and was no longer able to pay for the caravan

we spoke to BH and they agreed they would take the caravan back sell it and we would have to pay the outstanding finance on a agreed amount of £50 per month and top up as and when we could with no interest on the outstanding balance which was approx £6500.

Since 2013 we have kept a regular paymant of £50 as agreed with BH and have a outstanding balance of Approx £4500.

Recently i checked my credit score on Clear score and found that i was in arrears with BH,

i contacted BH and discussed that i had kept our agreed payment every month and i was still in arrears.

BH told me that i was and would continue to be until full payment

i asked if i paid the original monthly amount of £275 or paid a settlement figure (which they declined) would i still be in arrears, and the answer was yes,

Do you have any advise

Is it to late for a "voluntary termination"

They're not doing anything wrong unfortunately.

The mark on your credit file will remain for six years, regardless.

The fact is, that when you entered into the 'original' agreement with them, you agreed to pay X amount each month, your circumstances changed, and the payments reduced, even with their agreement, you're still defaulting on what you originally agreed.

They have us all over a barrel, and when it comes to credit files, they act like petulant children, believing that it somehow matters and the average Joe somehow cares about it!

Obviously if your CRF is important to your employment then that's a whole different board game, if not, I wouldn't give it a seconds thought.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Is it to late for a "voluntary termination"

Unsure???

How much have you paid off?

What does the contract say about VT??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sorry, just re-read the OP......you've already VT'd it have you not??

The default will remain, regardless, as you broke the original contract, and it will stay on your file for 6 (six) years until it auto drops off your file.

They flogged it, and are demanding you pay the remainder outstanding balance, which you both agreed at £50 a month.

Even if you paid them the £4500 it wouldn't clear your credit file, the default will remain.

So it was an HP agreement and

They kindly agreed to let you vs

the caravan and stung you for the

whole agreement minus the sale price?

You could have exercised your right to vt

back then too late now

How are they reporting the account

AP or default?

Take it you received a default notice

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I dont have a copy as it was so long ago, is it possible to get a copy

Thanks for your help

If HP

cca request under s79 to BH

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.