Gemini Parking Solutions PCN Rivermead leisure centre car park, Reading

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so many things wrong with this letter,

the additional charges are not due and arent contractual.

If they were part of some other contract as yet unseen

then they are an unfair clause of that contract anyway so lose lose for them.

Problem is that many people either pay up or if taken to court dont defend so the entire claim becomes set in stone wheras,

if challenged at least that amount gets removed from the claim and puts the judge in a mind to look very carefully at the rset when they wouldnt necessarily have done so.

dont forget,

NTK issued too late and wording is fatally flawed to create keeper liability.

IPC members have a new ploy where they dont issue tickets or NTK's in time, just advisory notes that money is due.

Obviously this drivel hasnt been tested in front of a judge yet so when you get the next letter (if from BWL or Gladstones) we will help you compose a letter to ask them about this departure from the law as part of a denail of any monies being due.

@cpfc2017

Well it not only you who are dealing with this Gemini Crap - I went for a car wash and now they have sent me the letter - I have already appealed them "that I went for a car wash" but they replied to me stating that motorist using this car park will have to pay - Unfortunately we are unable to take the mitigating Circumstances into this account.

The owner of the car wash is aware of this will update you further.

Obviously that is utter piffle but how are they supposed to earn a dishonest crust of they admit their ANPR system is rubbish and pick up the wrong traffic? It is not mitigation for a parking event, there was no event to create a contract so it cannot be breached.

you ignore,

too late to do anything other than that and they dont have a leg to stand on should they want to get tough.

Make them spend their money chasing you rather than rersponding to their garbage,

they will think you are a waverer if you do and just try a different set of porkies on you to get you to fall ontheir side of the fence

no dca's

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they cant send in BAILIFFS.

Bailiffs only turn up when you have lost a court case,

failed to pay the monies due

and ignored the courts letters

and the other party has paid for their services.

You have to read and understand other threads to know what goes on rather than just guessing.

The debt Collection Agencies are people who get paid a pittance to write scary letters to make you pay them an inflated amount that is not due.

As many people think that dca's and bailiffs are the same they use this ignorance to prey on the victim and add unlawful fees to the supposed debt and write in terms that make it look to the uninformed that some awful thing will happen if they dont pay up.

The reality is that my cat has more rights to enforce a debt than they do and also could probably write a better threatogram as he walks on my keyboard to attract my attention.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

...my cat has more rights to enforce a debt than they do and also could probably write a better threatogram as he walks on my keyboard to attract my attention.

:)

OK Thanks I imagine next step is another letter in April saying they want £150 after that I assume we will see letters threatening bailiffs etc? thanks

Mine Got cancelled. I hope the best for you :)

Good Luck

always worth trying.

Make sure that you word the letter carefully so that it doesnt show the driver and keeper are definitely the same. so, unless your details were needed for entry into the centre you say my vehicle attracted a ticket when the user of the leisure centre parked it......

They may say it is all too late but you can remind them that the parking co are their servants and should do as they are told

• 1 month later...

had two letters come through yesterday from DCA called " Debt Recovery Plus"

quick google of them seems to suggest everything already previously mentioned on here

I assume the fact I received two on same day with slightly different dates is a scare tactic

My only slight concern now ( and this might be last of my worries),

is that I move in next month or so,

so were any court papers to be issued don't want to miss them.

Will look at doing a Royal Mail re direct cheers

If you had bothered to read a number of the parking threads you would have realised that DR+ are toothless.

You would be very wise to have your post redirected and even send a rude letter to the parking co telling them your new address for all legal documents to be served at.

That wont necessarily stop them being naughty but if they do try it on then they will have to pay for their sins.

a default judgement using the wrong address will get them a bill for the set aside,

your costs and the cost of a new claim,

That will be more than any claim could ever be worth

so even if they won the second time round

they would be hundreds out of pocket

so it is something they would only ever do once!

thank you for the reply

yes I had a look on here and on google, and everyone echoed the sentiments DRP are just scaremongering,

just nice to have it reaffirmed by yourself

I will do the redirect this afternoon

- just one question on your advice

- I should write to the parking company about address change

ie Gemini and not the debt collector ?

Only reason I ask this is currently I haven't acknowledged either thanks

Just do the redirect and dont inform the muppets. You set yourself up for further harassment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D