style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have been dealing with a complaint concerning SSE customer service staff on behalf of a friend of mine, for a period of about 13 months now. This involves both the distribution and supply parts of the company.

Up to now distribution have agreed to an ex gratia payment of £500 in relation not to the original matter, but in recognition of how badly their customer service staff have dealt with the complaint.

The way supply staff have dealt with the matter is comparable if not slightly worse than the distribution side. However rather than offering any sort of compensatory payment, supply have simply deadlocked the matter without even a cursory investigation of whats gone on.

Bearing in mind neither the friend who I am acting for, or myself has ever had an SSE account related to the business premises the original problems related to, nor have I provided SSE with any formal notification of acting on behalf of my friend, are SSE supply entitled to deadlock a complaint which they have effectively ignored?

Thread moved to Utilities Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

they have deadlocked because that will force the matter to be sent to the ombudsman, who put it bluntly is sloppy and so SSE will probably be told to pay compo of about £100 and not the £500. If you have it in writing that the offer of £500 was made you can go to court to enforce its payment via a court order

Thanks..................no way is anything going to ombudsman, which is a sort of corporate Room 101 perfect for getting rid of anything awkward.

They have once more backtracked, but this time their previous offer was clearly outlined in the form of an email, and there seems to have been collusion between 2 entirely separate (supposedly) tentacles of the SSE octopus, which might not look that great if this ends up in court (which is certain if they dont provide what is required in my letter before action).

Have been dealing with a complaint concerning SSE customer service staff on behalf of a friend of mine, for a period of about 13 months now. This involves both the distribution and supply parts of the company.

Your out of time with the energy Ombudsman - 12 month limit applies.

Having had legal advise on a simular matter, its news to me that good will or full and final settlement offers can be perused in court. I think I could go as far as to say even if a cheque was sent that you didn't bank in time could not be reclaimed via court action if it was compensation.

Anything 'leagalish' would have without prejudice prefixed to it so it can't be mentioned in court.

Be careful, but having said that you can send your threat email (letter before action) to SSE legal at liz.tanner @sse.com

Edited by cchange
omit.

The ombudsman time period runs from date complaint was deadlocked, not date complaint was made. Why anyone would want to waste even more time and effort getting the ombudsman involved is something I find hard to work out though?

Due process in this matter has nothing to do with any financial offers already made, but is related to vicarious liability held by all providers for the acts, omissions, and conduct of its members of staff.

They have tried to suggest vicarious liability doesnt exist, and refused to answer questions related to this, but obviously if there were no liability there would have been no offer of £500.

All corporations are primarily interested only in profit, and unless a legal action has no chance of success whatever, in the case of many small claims the cost of defending the action is likely to be more than satisfying the claim before any sort of court action.

Rather than getting involved with the corporate room 101 service (ombudsman), its always better to mention legal action at the outset of any sort of complaint, and be prepared to make a small claim, should matters not be dealt with properly..............