Person I am caring for had a Medical

Love or hate me
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good evening.

I look after my mum and she had a medical this past week and my question is for if she fails her medical and am caring for even though she has PIP and she is on ESA I think it is also am I still Entitled to be her carer and still be my job and still get my Carer Allowance if they had sense when looking at her issues and problems that she will never be fit for work and she won't get any better simple as that.

if anyone can respond to my question would be great thanks.

You seem to have made some assumptions regarding the outcomes of not only the assessment but also what is considered the right or wrong side of health issues. We are not here to bang the drum for your position or assertions of your mothers fitness to work, if they decide she is fit to become a scaffolder then we can help with an appeal against that decision but everything must be within the parameters of the system as it is so come back when you have the result of the medical if you still have questions.

By the way, being assessed as fit or unfit to perform certain tasks is not a fail or pass in being human. The way you word it makes you seem more interested in getting paid as a carer rather than the person who needs care

will come back when got results.

only way I was asking was to see if failing a medical and not been paid to care for my mother after has really affects her these medical first one since I got paid to care so wasn't sure what happens always put more care into my mother than care about the money but it will affect my mother issues more so try not to inform her rather get people opinions on these forums but like a said will inform here if and when the results come back.

Assuming the medical assessment is for ESA then there will be no impact on your carers but the PIP medical would potentially have an impact on your carers allowance.

If she passes the medical assessments then your carers allowance will remain in payment.

If she fails the medical then your will be entitled to carers allowance for a run on period of 8 weeks, that will also give her a chance to request a mandatory reconsideration if she does not agree with the decision.

If the PIP is not reinstated or the mandatory reconsideration is not changed in her favour then you would lose your carers until such time that the PIP daily living is reinstated.

• 1 month later...

hey

My Mother got word past 24hours that she got 0points for her medical so she has to come off ESA even though her illness is still the same stuff but it has got worst how can you class someone as not fit enough to work but the next year medical where nothing has got better but worst but fail and get 0 points. I am not happy at all I see every single day how much pain she goes through and they so called qualified medical people think she is fit as a fiddle would like to see the land they live in one day if they get what she has maybe they will realise that it isn't a illness to laugh or joke about.

so has to claim JSA what a joke it really is she has been told by work advisor she isn't fit enough to work many of times and even some advisors who didn't really care told her few times when you go for jobs lie about your illness and medical etc yeh she told me that she was told to lie on a letter about her illness to employers.

she has to wait and get a reconsideration form.

if anyone can pass on anymore help would be helpful and sorry for outburst but just not happy one single bit.

You need to start the lethargic appeals process, also inform your local MP and have them explain the continued persecution of the sick and disabled.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You need to start the lethargic appeals process, also inform your local MP and have them explain the continued persecution of the sick and disabled.

Many thanks

shall I send email to them? and if so what sort of stuff do I say as never done this before.

The MR (Mandatory Reconsideration) should have been sent to you with their standard zero points award letter.

As for your local MP, you can email them using this link -----> https://www.writetothem.com/ just enter your postcode, and it''l drag up your local MP and your local councillors.

I can't tell you what to write, as that's individual, just demand to know why this government is intent on persecuting the sick and disabled.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The MR (Mandatory Reconsideration) should have been sent to you with their standard zero points award letter.

As for your local MP, you can email them using this link -----> https://www.writetothem.com/ just enter your postcode, and it''l drag up your local MP and your local councillors.

I can't tell you what to write, as that's individual, just demand to know why this government is intent on persecuting the sick and disabled.

no letter my mother only got a phone call to say that she got 0points and to wait on the reconsideration form to come out.

no letter my mother only got a phone call to say that she got 0points and to wait on the reconsideration form to come out.

In future if they ring, tell them to put whatever they wish to convey, in writing so you have the evidence in black and white.

Don't entertain them on the phone, get that email to your MP then hit them with another one when they send the results, you can also send the DWP a SAR, which is free, then you will have all the information they have, and a little more insight into how they fabricate their reports and assessments, before you can expose their lies and inform your MP.

In future if they ring, tell them to put whatever they wish to convey, in writing so you have the evidence in black and white.

Don't entertain them on the phone, get that email to your MP then hit them with another one when they send the results, you can also send the DWP a SAR, which is free, then you will have all the information they have, and a little more insight into how they fabricate their reports and assessments, before you can expose their lies and inform your MP.

A update on this

got the medical report through today and what a joke a have never heard so much crap in my life I honestly can't remember sitting with this medical person who was doing my mum assessment because a don't see anything what so ever on it that I remember my mum is baffled as to who this woman was actually interviewing cause it wasn't my mum.

according to the sheet basically she got 0 points and one was like because she could touch her head I have to laugh at this seriously what life are these people living in.