Southern Water Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have lived at my address for 3 years.

I am on a water meter supplied by Portsmouth Water.

My meter is usually read in July and January each year.

My concern is Southern Water.

Every time my meter is read they up my bill.

They up my bill twice a year which I feel is unreasonable.

At the start I was paying £13, now it looks like I'm going to be paying £21.

It means I have had an almost 50% rise in my bill over 3 years.

When I get my bill through, they also claim I always have an outstanding balance.

I pay fortnightly on a payment card.

The bill is saying I owe a balance of £59.73 and they will have to increase payments yet again.

I'm not on the qualifying benefit to have my bills capped.

Is this justified!?

Portsmouth water deal with your clean fresh water, hence the water meter fitted by them as they provide clean water.

Southern water, who I'm also having difficulties with, deal with the waste, or grey water, and their annual bill is circa £380...

Are you sure it isn't Portsmouth water upping the price?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Portsmouth water deal with your clean fresh water, hence the water meter fitted by them as they provide clean water.

Southern water, who I'm also having difficulties with, deal with the waste, or grey water, and their annual bill is circa £380...

Are you sure it isn't Portsmouth water upping the price?

Portsmouth Water say its not them causing the price increase.

I can't see how Southern Water can justify upping bills twice a year!!

SW is a fixed rate though is it not??

The water meter wouldn't have anything to do with SW?

Are you paying SW a reduced amount each month, as opposed to the full amount they demand??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No, it was agreed with SW I can make my payments fortnightly through a payment card.

I've never missed any payments so can't understand why they say I owe£59!!!

No reduced monthly payment still same each month.

Its Portsmouth Water who supply the meter.

Hi from Doug.... no doubt you have looked carefully at your consumption over the years. ! have you been doing things with your water supply over time that would/ may cause an increase in use and therefore, increase in Bills... could be a new car - washing cars more frequently... in dry times watering the garden/ have a greenhouse. Taking baths now when you took showers..! (don't tell me that's personal). But you get my drift...!

In any case the Water Company must inform you of any changes in Water charges, and changes that may affect you, the Customer.

If they move you to a different 'Tariff' - the supplier must inform you in plenty of time before these change takes effect and give you a chance to say No - or choose an alternative.

Of recent times firms must tell/advise its Customers to the best 'Tariff' for Customers... and not only to simplify their schemes.

Suppliers too cannot hold on to your funds, if your credit builds up in your account... hope the above is of assistance, Drink wise, Doug

Anyone of you noticed any changes in 'Water Quality' over the recent 3-months...

say taste, smell... seems the water in a few regions in the UK, including Southern - have a an oily smell, tastes as if a 'solvent' is being used in a cleaning process, or some other item is leaching in the supply pipe/network...! funny that the same has popped-up in Worcestershire too...! Cheers Doug... drinking is at the heart of all life....

No, it was agreed with SW I can make my payments fortnightly through a payment card.

I've never missed any payments so can't understand why they say I owe£59!!!

OK then, get onto SW customer service team and ask them to explain why their price differs month to month.

Unless they can provide a breakdown of the actual bill, then stick to making monthly payments that is in line with your annual bill, so whatever it is for the year, divide it either weekly or monthly, and see what you should be paying.

How much is your annual bill with SW? Should be around the £340-80 mark or there abouts.