• Tweets

• First of all you should understand that there will be nobody around who will be interested in this mess which you have managed to get yourself into. Citizens advice, trading standards, the police – none of them will be able to give you any practical advice even if you can contact them and attract their attention. It's either not what they do or they don't have the resources. You say that you were "forced" to pay by credit card – but of course this is not true. They simply refuse to accept any other form payment and you went along with it because you wanted the vehicle. You could have refused and have gone elsewhere and then you wouldn't have this problem. The problem here is that although you know of a trading name – you have no idea who apparently owns the business. The only name you seem to have a somebody called Amir – which is simply an Asian first name. You have no address other than the trading address of the business and we don't know if it is a well established firm or if they have assets there. You could certainly see them simply on their trading name – and if that's what you want to do then we will help you. I have no doubt that on the basis of what you say that you will win your judgement easily. They may even not respond to the claim and you would get a default judgement. However, getting the judgement is only the first part of the problem a much bigger difficulty – especially with used car dealers – is enforcing the judgement. It's easy for them to change their name and to say that they are simply another firm, or to say that any cars on their forecourt belong to somebody else blah blah blah. At the end of it all, you have a duff car, a bill for court fees, a meaningless court judgement and a bill for enforcement. The only thing you would have gained will be a valuable lesson for the future but it's rather a hard knock and I'm very sorry about it. We are happy to help you start an action. It's no problem but I have to be very pessimistic about the eventual outcome – that you would have a successful enforcement and you will get your money back. Have you had a quote for the repair of the vehicle?
    • Thanks for replying. We rent a large plot consisting of the house and outbuilding with a fence surrounding a really large outside space front and back. There's plenty of room for many more than 4 cars, in fact, we bought a 16ft swimming pool which is at the back of the house but, as I explained, one of the cars is being returned to Motability this week and one of the cars belongs to a visitor who stays a few days each week so really there are only two cars here all the time.   It's essential, in the countryside where there is no public transport, for my daughter to have a car to get to work etc and for my son in law to get to his work. My granddaughter is 16 now and as soon as she passes her driving test, (she can take it now as she is disabled) she will have another Motability car, again essential for her independence and if she gets a job.   There was no specific mention of how many vehicles we could have when we signed the lease.
    • We purchased a Candy hob in September 2021 and it was purchased early as we were concerned about possible stock issues, it was installed on December 2nd 2021 when the new kitchen was fitted (a receipt can be provided to confirm this date) and this appliance started to give problems almost immediately but we struggled on with it until the intermittent fault got unbearable in that we did not know if it was going to work or not.   Upon contacting the customer service department at Curry’s I was automatically put through to Candy service and after 59 minutes on hold I had to disconnect the call as after this period of time my provider then charges me for the call so I have to start again and again and yet again to try and get through.   I have had email contact with Curry's ‘let us know’ but all I got was ‘it’s not our problem – it’s Candy’s problem’ so that was even more time wasted.   Meanwhile on Jan 8th 2022 we purchased another hob from Curry’s as we could no longer rely on the Candy one nor could we be without a cooking appliance, eventually I got through to Candy and an engineer called yesterday (Jan 24th) and he has to order four new circuit boards for this almost new Candy hob.   So if this appliance is repaired in say 14 plus days time what are we expected to do with it as we have already indicated that we have replaced it so that we would not be without a hob.   I do have all of the paperwork here to submit to the Small Claims Court as this appliance was not fit for purpose and the court would not expect me to be without a cooking appliance for any period of time.
    • Quick update on this. I finally received the statements from Overdales. I received the paperwork for the SAR from Three a while back.    Essentially, the debt is almost entirely an "involuntary cancellation fee" according to the invoice sheet Overdales sent through.   So now I guess I just wait for the next step...
    • Just, Arum, TDX Group and its parent company Equifax have been named as suppliers on the Crown Commercial Service’s (CCS) recently launched debt resolution services (DRS) frameworkView the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

kwikfit employee bumped my car

dazzaman12

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

evening all , i am looking for a little advice as to what to do next .

i took my car in for its MOT today at my local kwikfit and it passed im happy to say , i was handed my keys and certificate and i went to retrieve my car.

i got in started the engine put my seat belt on and released the hand brake after puting it in to reverse and hadnt moved when there was a bang at the back , i looked in my mirror and saw a car going back into a fitting bay .

i got out and looked at the back of my car and my bumper is all scuffed and and chunk missing out of it and my tailgate didnt at the corner .

the employee had reversed out of bay without stopping and because carpark was full come out at an angle and hit my car .

i reported it amediatley to the manager who apologised and that they take full responsability .

i told them ok , but what are they going to do aboput it and he said he would get intouch with area manger and my response was i wasnt leaving until he had contacted him and that i had some form of letter stating the responsability and signed , which he did.

he also told me that it was the emplyees first time at doing brakes on his own and should have reversed out with caution and the area manager would contact me tomorrow

firstly sorry for the long story but i wanted you to get the full picture , my questions are

1. do i contact my insurance

2. do i report it to the police

3. do i wait for them to contact me or go back first thing in the morning

thankyou in advance for any assistance anyone can give

1. Contact your own insurers and send them the liability letter they have signed but make sure you keep a copy of it.

2. No need to report to police if no one was injured but some insurers insist on a ref number so as long as you contact the police within 24 hrs of incident, even if its just to log it with them.

3. Nope, dont assume they will do anything to help you, put it through insurance and let them deal with it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Nope as they have admitted full liability in writing

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

When is your insurance renewal?

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

my insurance is due for renewal in september.

Area manager of kwikfit came to see me today very apologetic and assured me it will be fully repaired , they will cover all costs and provide me with a courtesy car while it is being repaired and returned back to me like new .

with it being the weekend , he will get the ball rolling monday and contact me again monday

Make sure its reported to police for the ref number, just in case monday cimes and theres suddenly a problem!

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

And being kwikfit, its almost certain there will be a problem, or the repairs will be substandard.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So how did it go today?

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

• 1 year later...