Portsmouth Water - Excessive Charges on Bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need to ask a question about my water bill.

I am on a meter with Portsmouth Water.

I had my bill in this morning.

I don't mind the fact that its gone up by £1 month but I am concerned about all the different standing charges they add onto your bill.

They charge a wholsale standing charge at £5.14 then they add another retail standing charge at £9.24. My water usage was charged at £34.10 for the 6 month period, which I think is cheap. It seems to be its these standing charges which causes the bill to go high.

Anything I can do or is it standard?

that is the way they do it, all covered by the regulations. The queer thing is that the standing charge varies according to the bore of the pipe. What that has to do with how much water you use is incidental a bit like charging you ore for your water because you have nice curtains.

that is the way they do it, all covered by the regulations. The queer thing is that the standing charge varies according to the bore of the pipe. What that has to do with how much water you use is incidental a bit like charging you ore for your water because you have nice curtains.

I have sent an email to Portsmouth Water quering why two lots of charges and saying its a bit excessive.

I've also seen news articles online going back to 2014 that according to OFWAT, water bills are supposed to be falling in prices by 2020, and to which I have quoted this to Portsmouth Water, and am awaiting a response.

have you bothered to read the regulations on this and basing your complaint on a breach of the conditions they operate under or are you just moaning in ignorance? It wont change anything becasue they have done things correctly, even if it seems a bit odd.