Harlands trying to debt collect!

AdamHep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

ive read plenty about these cowboys on this forum but couldn't find specifically what i was looking for so apologies if im covering already worn ground

i just received a letter from harlands saying i need to call the immediately or i will owe them £25.

I was a member at xercise4less for about 2 years and then decided to cancel my 1 month rolling contract online,

no problems it said i had successfully cancelled,

i then checked my bank account 4 month later and realised they still had being charging me membership fees

i cancelled the direct debit.

thats when i just received this letter from them,

should i ring them like the letter says or just ignore them?

they surely dont have any right to be charging me anything anymore.

Thanks for any help,

Adam

you most certainly don't ring them.

if you have proof you cancel by the correct method

all you MIGHT remotely owe is the payment for the month FOLLOWING you cancellation.

quite honestly id be getting those payments back from your bank under the DD guarantee

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Lodge a formal complaint with trading standards, AFAIK and am led to believe, TS are dragging X4L in for a little 'chat' about their harassment of customers.

Also lodge a formal complaint with the gym in question, and make it perfectly clear, that you hold them ultimately responsible for the actions of ''their'' chosen third party and should you take any legal action over the criminal offence of harassment, which they are committing, then they will be held ultimately responsible.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Adam and welcome to CAG

From the date you cancelled, you owed them just one final payment for the notice period. If they took further DD's after that, you should reclaim them immediately by complaining to your bank.

Before you do this, tell us :-

1. Date you cancelled.

2. Date you rec'd confirmation (from the gym ?) that your cancellation was accepted.

3. Did they tell you what you should pay before cancelling the DD mandate.

4. What was the date the last DD was taken by Harlands.

It's good that you've cancelled the DD mandate now as Harlands would continue to use it to collect whatever they believe you owe.

Read other threads here and you see our advice about Harlands/CRS demands for admin fees. Challenge and ignore !!

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Adam,

Unless you can at least guess the answers to my Q's above, we can only give general advice.

Can you try to give answers please.

If you can't, then we go to Plan B for advice - Just IGNORE everything from Harlands/CRS, the Zinc Group and Spratt Endicott. Let them make all the threats they like - nothing is likely to actually happen.

So long as they have your current address, you can monitor all threats, demands, etc and keep us posted.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)