Capquest/Erudio/Calls/Hassle/Texts...

mutilatedlip
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I've been a silent reader of this excellent forum for some time now, but as of now I need a little help/friendly advice.

I had an old stlye SLC loan (pre-97) which I'd deferred for many, many years, moving address along the way.

Hadn't heard anything for years, then some Erudio letters arrived via an old address, which I ignored (not always the best course of action), and recently I've also received letters from Capquest who I gather are one and the same.

Alongside this, I've had calls/texts and have been harassed extensively. Occasionally, I've tried to engage in conversation, but I can't actually get through the data protection checks they ask for at the beginning of the site.

Usually, I'd just follow previous advice and ignore - as a lot of people here have done on here.

However, and this is where it gets weird. I was forwarded a letter dated last week from Capquest which I subsequently binned, and haven't actually spoken verbally to anyone about this.

This morning, my work phone rang, and a guy claiming to be from TM Legal was trying to get hold of me. How they got my work phone I have no idea and was quite taken aback. He asked to put me through security, and I refused as I was at work. (open plan office etc.).

Googling them reveals they are a legal firm based down South who deal with CCJs.

I checked my credit file, and did a search on the Trustorg site, and nothing is showing up.

I'm a bit confused, and have no other outstanding debt whatsoever.

What would you do? Would anybody advise sending Capquest/Erudio Statute barred letters?

Or just ignoring extensively. I'm pretty sure I've not spoken to them in six years, but I honestly can't recall the last time I sent deferral stuff. Could've been around 2012, but I'm really not sure of this. In addition, I've categorically NEVER spoken to Erudio direct.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

M

TM Legal are nowt to do with Arrows group [capquest/erudio etc etc]

they chase Pay day loan debts.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Check your credit file

Someone could have used your details from mail to old houses because you didn't tell your old creditors you'd moved?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm a member of the Experian site, and I regularly ensure all my details are up to date etc. and there are no rogue entries on there.

I've always kept creditors up to date. Just not the SLC.

Very peculiar. It was the only thing I could think of. I received a letter from Capquest last week saying they'd previously written to me (they certainly had not), but just binned it.

oh well whatever TM legal are upto remains a mystery.

dx

and they

Hmmmm. Interesting.

Well I'm not getting through their security, and I'm loathe to discuss stuff on the phone.

I guess they'll have to put it in writing. My credit file is up to date, so my new address is on there if they're that desperate to search.

Thank you for your input.

its not a good idea to keep ringing people esp if its a DCA or their fake/tame solicitor?

dx

and they

Agreed.

I was a little shocked when my desk phone at work went. That's quite a shocking and threatening move intent on intimidating.

Could be pure coincidence. They didn't take me through security anyway.

And surely any company ringing would try and send a letter. I'll just keep ignoring it and fail their security.

I've never once discussed anything regarding the SL over the phone, back with SLC and definitely not with Erudio. So many strange calls nowadays it's difficult to vet them all. Best option is play dumb via the phone. If anyone needs to contact, I'm sure they'll write.

All post is forwarded from previous addresses. I'm just not updating them with new details.

well if you are getting ALL post and quickly

then you should be ok

in claimform packs [no don't panic!!] that really need very quick intervention upon...

I recon someone has used your details somehow.

dx

and they

I hope not!

I'm pretty well covered

- I subscribe to the Experian service, and have web tracking etc. on all my details.

You know when you absolutely rack your brains but can't think of anything...

Have many people received CCJs following the Erudio/Capquest debacle?

I really cannot recall if I deferred back around 2012 or not.

I've never spoken to these people via the phone.

If I were to send an aggressively worded Statute Barred letter, as per the template, and demanding they no longer contact me, and add in I've never signed an agreement with Erudio,

do you think - were I to have actually deferred with SLC

- they'd have it together enough to be able to produce copies of my deferment letters?

Or should I just consider the 'if I don't hear within 21 days' as gospel, and completely ignore if this timescale passes?

there were a couple of what we now believe to be spoof threads elsewhere

that claimed to have gotten claimforms from erudio regarding SLC loans that they bought in that mass Gov't sale..

..but they were later bebunked as they refused to actually post up any proof

and a search of the relevant court records found no such cases.

erudio would shout it loud if they had ever gotten any, but ive not heard anything in recent years now since the govt sale.

id let things run.

its not ever a good idea to invite letter tennis by sending any letters

even if a debt IS statute barred.

dx

and they

its not ever a good idea to invite letter tennis by sending any letters

even if a debt IS statute barred.

dx

Wise information.

I read all the other threads, and did notice the lack of actual evidence pertaining to real letters of CCJs being issued by them.

The guy that contacted me yesterday didn't ring back, and nor did previous Capquest callers.

I think your 'next job next agent' style perception of them sounds pretty much spot-on.

Annoyingly, we're looking at 300,000 people. Shame we couldn't all protest and just stop communicating with them. They'd never manage.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I received a random text from Capquest providing me with a link to a letter that was 'awaiting' me.

I deleted it and didn't click, but if you click on it, I'm pretty sure they could count this as you having read the letter.

Just a heads-up. This is the first contact I've had since this thread started a couple of months ago.

nope doesn't work like that

and they