Vodafone problems***Resolved Reduced from £600 to £250***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if the is long winded but really need some help.

My husband set up a Vodafone account for me about 3 years ago. I've been struggling with the bills for sometime and they've just ridiculous. My bill currently stands at £600.37. The original contract was £33 a month but I never seem to pay this. I have authorisation on the account to discuss bills etc. I've had a problem for a long time as I don't receive a bill of any kind except a text message telling me my bill total.

Quite a few months ago after ringing for god knows how many times, someone actually switched the account into my name (without my husbands permission). I can't access my account via the internet as it doesn't recognise my details, I don't get paper bills, they don't email. All I get is a total price my bill is in a text message. I've quieted this again so many times, sometime they manage to set up my internet account but only seems to work for one month and then I can't access it again.

This bill is ridiculous now and again I've phoned up to discuss it (my phone has been restricted). It's been past to Fredrickson International for me to set up a plan with them, but I don't want to deal with them. I can't afford to pay my bill off but I want to keep my number. I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking of emailing the CEO as I think it's wrong I can't see my bill. For example this month my bill was £51. They've put it down to extra data allowance and also paying £2.5 so I can ring 084 and 087 numbers without being charged.

I just can't afford this but I need my phone in action as I have two young child (15 months) and 4 years plus I do Avon and need to be able to contact my customers. I know it's my fault I haven't kept up with the bills but I feel like I'm just tumbling down a hill and can't stop.

Please can someone help me.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras added

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Please continue to post here to your thread jabloom.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi there

Right we need to establish why your balance is so high. IS it because of Early termination fees?

Vodafone dont send itemised bill through the post unless you request them. Maybe give them a shout and ask.

You might also want to read up about sending a DSAR request.

This is a legally accepted £10 request that permits you to see all data on yourself that Vodafone hold on you. But your husband may also need to send one with a £10 Postal order.

I would also contact the Execs team (CEO Email) and get them to investigate.

Maybe that can make an exceptional offer 0- I dunno. But they do tend to be quite good outside of the poor CS that Vodafone's Vodaclones telephone team.

Freddies can be ignored. They are an offshot of Lowell. The account is still with Vodafone. You just need to deal with Voda.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Ah sorry I've had to rewrite this as for Some reason my reply didn't post.

Ok so my husband took out a contract at £33 a month. About 6 months later he also took out a tablet that they offered. So our bills were about £50 total. After another year we cancelled the tablet as the bills were too high and we could afford them, I was on maternity so my wages had dropped. Any how for a long time the Vodafone site hasn't allowed me or my husband access. I've kept contacting them (I was given permission to have access to the account). They kept rectifying the problem but this would only work for month. When I'd try to access it again it wouldn't work. I've phoned them at least twice a month for the last 12 months if not more on some occasions. Now I get a text message telling me my bill total but not anything else. I've got no way to view my bill.

Several months ago when I called they kept telling me my details were wrong, I then discovered someone had put the account into my name without my husbands consent or mine, but still this didn't rectify the fact I couldn't see my bill in any view. I can't set up a direct debit so I have to try and remember to pay it each month. Having looked through my statements I haven't paid anything since May although I thought I'd paid but obviously time has gone very quickly. I totally understand it's my fault for not paying but it's not helped by the fact I a) don't get a bill and b) can't set up an automatic payment of some sort i.e. Dd.

I dot know whether it's worth complaining as it is mainly my fault but also they've done things underhand by changing the account t into my name and me not being able to access it.

Not really sure if I should cut my losses and pay off bill (in instalments) or whether I should complain to the CEO that this is not entirely my fault.

Go ahead and email the CEO... Apologies in advance for the time it's taken for me to come back to you. I can help draft a letter if need be

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi, ok so I sent an email and received a call back on Sunday.. they have out my services back on and we're going to look into the changing the name of my account from my husband's to mine without authority.

Fast forward to today and why they have said is they agree that there was no paperwork regarding the account being changed over. So what they are offering is 2 months free Line rental and to put me on a payment plan. The payment plan is £100 per month. I've told them I can't afford that but that is apparently all they can offer.

They haven't offered anything off my bill or anything else. Do you think this is a reasonable offer? 2 months free line rental @ £33 a month. Or do you think I should pursue more? I've told them I'd ring them back regarding payment plan as I don't know what to do.

It is up to you how you wish you proceed as it's based upon your circumstances but remember that this is better than anything you would have gotten without complaining.

As for the repayment plan... I think you should tell them it has to be longer and far less as it doesn't fit in with your monthly budget blah blah... If you get what i mean.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you, I know you must be busy, just wanted an idea of whAt to do. Yes I agree, I told them already I can't do £100 a month but after spoken to a manager that's all they said they could do. It's based over 6 months and that's the longest plan they do apparently. I'll go back to them And tell that it is simply not possible. That's very much for your help.

Just an update.

I call Vodafone and said I couldn't afford £100 a month.

The guy I spoke to had a look at the account and it seems I've been lying an extra £16 on top of my contract for extra data which I didn't want.

he refunded since Nov off the bill plus cancelled on going, offered me 15% off the bill.

Had another look at the payments and said best they can do is £96.

I said where does that leave us then as I simply can't pay that.

He said it was stale mate therefore would have to go to the ombudsman.

I said that's great as we have here a serious breach of data protection regarding the chafing of my husband's name into my name without consent.

He went away and returned with an offer of 50% off my bill plus he took the two months line rental off.

now I've agreed on £76 a month for the next 6 months.

Still a little high but can't grumble as just had a good whack of money taken off the bill.

It ended up being £251.

Not bad from £600,

thanks for your help

Sounds like a result that to me Jabloom...I will amend your thread title to reflect the outcome.

Well done.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread