Hastings - Problems with Proof of NCD (no claims discount)

The Phantom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I need some advice.

We currently have 16 years of NCD accumulated for our car insurance.

The last NCD statement showing 13 years was issued by our previous insurer 'Budget'.

We then changed to Hastings Direct three years ago and provided them with the NCD statement from Budget.

(Sent recorded delivery at the time, but the recorded number doesn't show on RM website anymore).

This year we changed to another provider and asked Hastings for our NCD statement showing 16 years (13 + 3 = 16) so we can send this to our new provider and also for our records.

Hastings now replied they will issue us only with a NCD for 12 years as that is all they have on record.

We didn't have a claim and always have protected no claims anyway in our polices, so we have no idea how they arrive at 12 years.

How can it be 1 year less than what we started with three years ago ?

We sent them another photocopy of our previous NCD statement from 2006 showing 13 years but they are not replying to us now.

Is there anything else we can do ?

It probably won't be necessary for you to do anything, as most insurers only take into account 5 years of NCD anyway (although I think a few do take into account 9 years). So not having proof of 16 years NCD shouldn't affect your premium if you go to a new company.

Not now, but who is to say there won't be a new company starting up to offer more discount for more than 10 years or more than 15 ?

Esure used to offer special discounts if you could proove over 10 years NCD, maybe they thought it was safe to do if no insurance company issues certificates for more than 9 ?

Anyway, if it is 16, that is what I would like to have, in case an insuracne company offers a special deal for high NCD years

Have since been told to contact the Ombudsman if they don't reply, so that's what I will probabaly do. Was told they have 8 weeks to reply, otherwise I can contact the Ombudsman