• Tweets

• I don't read that as them saying you have appealed to POPLA, just that they are giving you a POLPA code so that you can appeal if you wish, plus they've enclosed a generic "how to" letter from POPLA.   No change to the advice from EB though.
    • Looks like I'm voting Green     East Midlands - Vote Green   Current polling predicts: 1 Remainer party will win 1 seat Smart Voting indicates: A further seat can be gained for a second pro-European party.  The Liberal Democrats look secure in winning a single seat. The next best placed pro-European party to win is the Greens. A Greens gain will displace a pro-Brexit party, and lock them out of the East Midlands region.  Remain Voter only recommend when the number of Remain seats increase and Leave seats decrease. Eastern England - Vote Green   Current Polling predicts: 2 Remainer seats Smart Voting indicates: We can gain an additional seat, bringing the total to 3.  The Liberal Democrats look secure in this region, but the Greens are fighting for last seat against the Brexit Party. RemainVoter.com recommends voting Green to secure a Remainer seat in East of England, blocking Farage.  Remain Voter only recommend when the number of Remain seats increase and Leave seats decrease. London - Vote Change UK   Current Polling predicts: 3 Remainer seats across two parties. Smart Voting indicates: We can gain a 4th seat for a third pro-European party.  Lib Dem and Green seats look secure, so RemainVoter.com recommends vote Change UK to gain a 4th Remain seat in London. With Labour being non-committal, this means pro-Brexit parties cannot claim the capital. We only recommend when the number of Remain seats increase and Leave seats decrease. North East Vote Liberal Democrat   Current Polling predicts 0 Remain seats Smart Voting indicates: National vote share assist With only 3 seats, the only way a Remainer can get elected is if we all co-operate. To bring a single seat within reach of a Remain party, RemainVoter.com recommends voting Liberal Democrat, and bringing a friend to the polling station. This will increase the key indicator of national vote share for Remain parties: don't give up. We only recommend when the number of Remain seats increase and Leave seats decrease. North West vote Green   Current Polling predicts: 1 Remainer seat is secure Smart Voting indicates: 1 more Remain seat can be added LDs look likely to win a seat.  And just a tiny movement from Lab and CUK voters to Green will give Remainers an extra seat. With 3 sitting Lab MEP retaining seats, smart voting will deliver a strong pro-European delegation. We only recommend when the number of Remain seats increase and Leave seats decrease. Northern Ireland vote your preference: Alliance; SDLP; Green; Sinn Fein*   In order to vote for these Remain parties in Northern Ireland, it is important NOT to add a number against any other party.  Under Single Transferable Vote, if you don't put a number next to a party, your vote can never be counted for them. Scotland vote Liberal Democrats to win 2 Remain seats   Current polling predicts: 3 Remain seats Smart Voting indicates: 5 Remain seats Scotland is interesting! Recent polling shows SNP confidently gaining 3 seats with undecided Labour voters blocking a 4th. RemainVoter.com modelling shows LDs have the momentum to win a seat while helping the SNP win the 4th seat. So smart voting can win a seat from a pro-Brexit party while capitalising on Labour's lack of commitment to their majority Remain membership. We only recommend when the number of Remain seats increase and Leave seats decrease. South East vote Change UK   Current Polling predicts: 3 Remainer seats for 2 pro-EU parties Smart Voting indicates:  We can gain a further seat for a third pro-EU party The Liberal Democrats look secure on 2 seats and the Greens on 1 seat. Neither will get another, so vote Change UK to get a 4th Remainer seat in the Southeast. We only recommend when the number of Remain seats increase and Leave seats decrease. South West vote Green   Current Polling predicts: 1 Remainer seat is secure Smart Voting indicates: We can gain 1 more Remainer MEP The Liberal Democrat seat is secure, so vote Green to get a second Remain seat in the Southwest. Smart Voting returns a sitting MEP who is highly visible promoting the EU and combatting corruption. We only recommend when the number of Remain seats increase and Leave seats decrease. Wales vote Liberal Democrats  Current Polling predicts: 1 Remainer seat is secure Smart Voting indicates: 1 more Remain seat can be added Plaid Cymru is set to win one seat in Wales. With smart voting, the Liberal Democrats can also win a seat without encroaching on Plaid Cyrmu. That gain will mean half the MEPs in Wales are outright Remain supporters. We only recommend when the number of Remain seats increase and Leave seats decrease. West Midlands vote Green   Current Polling predicts: 1 Remainer seat is secure Smart Voting indicates: 1 more Remain seat can be added It looks like the Liberal Democrats will win one seat. With Remainers voting Green, we can add a second Remain supporting MEP in the West Midlands, with Labour losing out because of its lack of commitment to their majority Remain membership. We only recommend when the number of Remain seats increase and Leave seats decrease. Yorkshire and the Humber vote Green   Current Polling predicts: 1 Remainer seat is secure Smart Voting indicates: 1 more Remain seat can be added The Liberal Democrats are set to win a seat.  If enough people vote Green, they too will win a seat. Winning a Green seat in Yorkshire and the Humber will send a strong message that there is demand for Remain throughout the country. We only recommend when the number of Remain seats increase and Leave seats decrease.
    • Post 12, 14th March told you to get an SAR off to DVLA pronto. Please tell me you already did this??? If so what did you ask and where did you send the request?
    • Hi BazzsS   I am in a similar situation and have already had my own thread.   Just a quick one - do you happen to know if convicted, is this immediately spent or after 12 months? Appreciate your time and thanks in advance!   "Contrary to Byelaw 17(1) of the Transport for London Railway Byelaws Made under paragraph 26 of Schedule 11 to the Greater London Authority Act 1999 and confirmed under section 67 of the Transport Act 1962."
    • What harm have you suffered? What outcome do you want?.   All the original GP needs to say is that they were delayed anyway, (since it appears this was the case, since you were told this!) and they were concerned that due to your previous complaint, and the ongoing delay that day, that they thought it best you were seen by a colleague instead, not only to reduce your delay, but also to avoid an uneasy interaction that might have made it harder for you to receive good care.   If they hadn't had arranged for a colleague to see you, or you'd been denied being seen by them if they were dealing with emergency appointments and there was no-one else available for emergency appointments, then you'd have grounds to complain: on the basis that your care had been impacted.   If the GP is able to present it as "care not impacted, in fact it was done to ensure quickest & best available care": you'd have to show harm (and not just the delay, which may have been present no matter what, and may even have been reduced by you seeing someone else if the original GP was running late due to dealing with an emergency).   The receptionist mentioned an emergency, and it isn't surprising they won't give details of another patient. Do you have any grounds to suggest that not only has the original GP said "I won't see them" but that the receptionist has colluded by lying about there having been an emergency?   If there was an emergency: you are on to a non-starter.   If you are claiming there wasn't an emergency : not only are you going to have trouble proving it, but why would the receptionist risk their own career by colluding?.      
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
Brunowales

Mbna ppi

Hi All

Just got my SAR back from MBNA. CC taken out 1998. Defaulted 2003. Informed no CCA which is good to know as DCA chasing and have been cca,d.

My question is the statments show payment protection insurance as well as penalty fees for late payments and over limit. Is it too late to claim these back?

Many thanks

probably not

but penalty charges that are not as a direct result of PPI might be.

a long read but:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?372400-MBNA-PPI-Award-“Interpretative”-Calculations&highlight=MBNA+PPI

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Thanks for the info dx will have a read

I am currently in process of claiming back PPI on a MBNA card - they have tried ringing me last week regarding this having already confirmed there is PPI on the account. I have noticed in my SAR that I was charged numerous times for over limit and late fees these ranged from £15, £18 and £20.

Couple of questions please - is it wise to talk to them on phone as I have heard they cam be quite awkward. Also can I claim back fees?

You can reclaim then. You may have a struggle, but they can be reclaimed. And when it comes to financial info, always do it by post, unless you have the ability to record the phone conversation in full.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks renegadeimp, I dont really want to talk on phone in case I slip up. I do have the ability though to record phone calls. How do I go about claiming back the fees - I have the details from my SAR?

Many thanks for help!

I would await the result of the PPI claim

hope you used a spreadsheet and the FOS questionnaire, not simply a speculative letter.

you may well find some of the charges are refunded under the PPI claim, as without PPI, at that date of each charge, you might not have been overlimit or needed to pay anything so the late fee was bogus.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

old and new threads merged.

post 2 seems to have a useful link regarding your question.

dx

Thanks DX I will have a read of the Link. I used MBNA online form for the PPI but have a spreadsheet from this site to compare against what they come back with.

you should know better than to use OC PPI Online forms.

this is why they are phoning you

they are incomplete by nature and require further input

this is where they limit your reclaim or wipe it out all together by asking loaded questions.

dx

Ok my mistake:sad: - can I send the FOS questionnaire or it too late.

did you retain a copy of the MBNA online form you filled out?

dx

No I didnt get the option - I will e mail them for a copy

Hi All

I have had an offer back which is more than I calculated - however they have not refunded any overlimit or late fees (these ranged from £15, £18 and £20). Should these have been refunded with PPI or will I have to raise another complaint. Donation will be made when my payment arrives.

if the PPI refund level at the date of each individual overlimit charge did not put the a/c back with limits, they wont.

and late payment fees wont be refunded unless again the ppi refund to that date wiped any balance due

Please fill in your quit date here