Brunowales

Mbna ppi

Hi All

Just got my SAR back from MBNA. CC taken out 1998. Defaulted 2003. Informed no CCA which is good to know as DCA chasing and have been cca,d.

My question is the statments show payment protection insurance as well as penalty fees for late payments and over limit. Is it too late to claim these back?

Many thanks

probably not

but penalty charges that are not as a direct result of PPI might be.

a long read but:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?372400-MBNA-PPI-Award-“Interpretative”-Calculations&highlight=MBNA+PPI

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Thanks for the info dx will have a read

I am currently in process of claiming back PPI on a MBNA card - they have tried ringing me last week regarding this having already confirmed there is PPI on the account. I have noticed in my SAR that I was charged numerous times for over limit and late fees these ranged from £15, £18 and £20.

Couple of questions please - is it wise to talk to them on phone as I have heard they cam be quite awkward. Also can I claim back fees?

You can reclaim then. You may have a struggle, but they can be reclaimed. And when it comes to financial info, always do it by post, unless you have the ability to record the phone conversation in full.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks renegadeimp, I dont really want to talk on phone in case I slip up. I do have the ability though to record phone calls. How do I go about claiming back the fees - I have the details from my SAR?

Many thanks for help!

I would await the result of the PPI claim

hope you used a spreadsheet and the FOS questionnaire, not simply a speculative letter.

you may well find some of the charges are refunded under the PPI claim, as without PPI, at that date of each charge, you might not have been overlimit or needed to pay anything so the late fee was bogus.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

old and new threads merged.

post 2 seems to have a useful link regarding your question.

dx

Thanks DX I will have a read of the Link. I used MBNA online form for the PPI but have a spreadsheet from this site to compare against what they come back with.

you should know better than to use OC PPI Online forms.

this is why they are phoning you

they are incomplete by nature and require further input

this is where they limit your reclaim or wipe it out all together by asking loaded questions.

dx

Ok my mistake:sad: - can I send the FOS questionnaire or it too late.

did you retain a copy of the MBNA online form you filled out?

dx

No I didnt get the option - I will e mail them for a copy

Hi All

I have had an offer back which is more than I calculated - however they have not refunded any overlimit or late fees (these ranged from £15, £18 and £20). Should these have been refunded with PPI or will I have to raise another complaint. Donation will be made when my payment arrives.

if the PPI refund level at the date of each individual overlimit charge did not put the a/c back with limits, they wont.

and late payment fees wont be refunded unless again the ppi refund to that date wiped any balance due

Please fill in your quit date here

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

No registered users viewing this page.

• Have we helped you ...?

• Tweets

• Hi You say you vacated the property in 2007.   Was the Tenancy Agreement for the Council Property in Joint Names?   If the Tenancy Agreement was in Joint Names did you inform the Council Housing of you vacating the property in 2007 and to remove your Name from the Agreement and they responded? (note if rent arrears at the time they will not remove you from the tenancy agreement if in joint names as both are liable for the arrears)   Were you aware of the Rent Arrears at the time? (if so was a payment plan in place?)   You need to dispute this with the council housing by making a 'Formal Complaint' in writing and title it as such (they need to record formal complaints on there records) You dispute the Rent Arrears for period XX/XX/XXXX to XX/XX/XXXX due to this I require the following:   1. Customer Care/Standards Policy (not the leaflet) 2. Rent arrears Policy covering period XX/XX/XXXX to XX/XX/XXXX (not the leaflet) 3. Copies of Rent Statements covering period XX/XX/XXXX to XX/XX/XXXX 4. Copy of the Signed Tenancy Agreement covering period XX/XX/XXXX to XX/XX/XXXX
    • you could have some fun here at the DCA's expense here if you wanted too....let me know. and just remember a debt is extinguished ...dead gone parrot..in Scotland after 5yrs too..   dx    
    • Of course quite correct DX    
    • Just an update to this thread CMS sent me a letter on my account tonight with a 14 day response time.   They have said I have missed 4 payments of £50.50 and want an explanation.   As per the start of this thread a letter never came for the agreed £250 per month despite my online account saying £261.50 per month.   I contact them VIA my online account they have a message centre to contact them regarding things with my account but never bothered to respond ...did this twice over a number of weeks.   I also took screen shots of my account statement over a 5 day period in December   my account was saying £261.50 one day the next it was saying £210.84, 261.50 the day after that then 210.84 etc.   The £210.84 was the original 2018-2019 payments set out for the next 12 months the conversation on the phone was different to what was happening on my account.   I looked on my account tonight and the only letters on my account are as follows.   £210.84 2018-2019 statement   £1200 a month statement for 2018-2019 (which was a mistake on their part)   The letter they sent me today saying I had missed 4 payments of £50.50   Should I call them or write to them with the screen shots provided asking where the £261.50 came from   on the phone they said £250 a month and don't make any changes till the letter comes.   even if you take away the £50.50 from the £261.50 it comes to £211 which is still not accurate to the £210.84 on my account.    
    • Yes, the person I am helping is unable to use a computer... so no, not ideal, but it is what it is.  The trip back to the park was impromptu and time constrained.    For a number of reasons I'm bowing out now.  I know your time / expertise is a scarce resource and I'm sorry if you feel like I've wasted it.  It's been very helpful to me regardless, so thank you. 
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies