Tesco banned partner

bubblybunny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My partner has been banned from our local Tesco but has done nothing. Let me explain.

He started going yellow sticker shopping in Oct/Nov last year as we were pulling our belts in due to a financial issue. He went to purchase something and was told it wasn't reduced, so the woman took it away and he paid for what he had. Next time he went in, his card was banned. The woman told him she thinks she made a mistake banning his card as she did a batch of them and thinks she got the number wrong. They told him to change the card by phoning up and get a new one. He did.

He then went back in this week and picked up a bunch of flowers and some bananas on yellow sticker. The bananas wouldn't go through and someone had to do it manually. All was ok.

Today he's gone in to buy a birthday cake and his card has been banned again. This time some woman said that not only was his card banned but he was banned. He asked her why and she said someone has been changing the stickers around but she didn't have proof it was him. He hasn't done it, so it's obviously someone else has, but because he bought yellow stickered items the other day she says that it's him. YET she admits she has no proof.

Defamation of character?? If he's not done it and they've no CCTV proof, how can they ban him? It's our local store and with me being disabled is the nearest store for me to use but obviously now we can't. What can we do about it if anything?

Write to the store manager and have them answer for their employees attitude, they clearly need retraining or a P45.

If the store manager is like a chocolate tea pot, then escalate it to the area manager, and keep on going until you get the result you want.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'm pretty sure the CEO's office will respond pretty sharpish!

You've done well, let us know the outcome... :thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If he's not done it and they've no CCTV proof, how can they ban him?

I hope common sense prevails & they lift the ban.

However, any store is free to ban any person at any time with or without a reason, as it is private property. So, for "how can they ban him?" - They just can.

Who is 'the woman' and who is 'some woman'? What positions do they hold?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

He didn't know for sure, but the person I spoke to on Tesco Twitter said it was probably the Security Manager but she has failed to speak to them today about it as they wouldn't ring her back (4 times she asked them apparently) so has emailed the store to find out what the problem is.

I've also emailed customer services with a formal complaint and the CEO office I wrote to earlier replied saying that one of their team is looking into it for us.

I just think banning someone who ultimately spends a good few £1000s a year in their store for no reason at all is a bit daft. After all that store needs all the customers they can get as their direct competition Asda has recently opened and is just down the road to them.

But I guess we'll see what happens next.

It's our local store and with me being disabled is the nearest store for me to use but obviously now we can't.

After all that store needs all the customers they can get as their direct competition Asda has recently opened and is just down the road to them.

You can vote with your purchasing power : use Asda?.

If its the security manager, then they arent tesco employees. Tesco use outside contractors same as morrisons and sainsburys.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If its the security manager, then they arent tesco employees. Tesco use outside contractors same as morrisons and sainsburys.

Not in all cases, but yes, in many they use contractors. If a Security Manager then they are in-house as the contractors are guards, not Security Managers. A ban also would not be issued by a contractor guard but by a Tesco Manager

How long was the ban for?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!