Lowell/Lowells Solicitors Claim form - old Orange mobile 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

mystirio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea stick to cag...

debt is mainly termination charges running to supposed end of term..

its in several defences at the end ish..one of those ones

not due till/by 4pm 31st

no rush

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

this is the cpr i sent is it ok will add my response to their claim later on

[template removed

please read what it says on the 1st line of the template- dx]

and my defence

bet it is all wrong but let me n Particulars of the Claim

1.The defendant entered into an agreement with orange under account ref xxxxx (the Agreement).

2.The defendant failed to maintain the required payment and the service was terminated.

3.The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on the 19/06/2014 and notice given to the defendant.Despite repeated request for payment the sum of £xxxxxx remains due and outstanding.

And the claimant claims

a)The said sum of xxxxxx

b)Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Courts act 1984at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these accuring a daily rate of xxxx but limited to one year,being xxxxx

c) Costs

Defence

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the defendant entering into an agreement referred to in the Particulars of Claim (‘the Agreement’) the Claimant has yet to disclose any such agreement.

Paragraph 2 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant the claimant has failed to provide any evidence of the termination/ assignment/breach/balance as requested by CPR 31.14 on the XX March2017 as acknowledged by the letter received on the xxMarch by the Claimants Solicitors. The Claimant is put to strict proof to: (Question here they have supplied me with the copy of the assignment do I leave it or remove it marked red I have added termination notice)

Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of the debt being legally assigned to the Claimant. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for, and;

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim

Alternatively, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit act Act 1974.

Notwithstanding the above should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the entire balance of the remaining contract. OFCOM guidance states that any Early Termination Charge that is made up of the entire balance if the remaining contract is unlikely to be fair as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

I believe the facts stated in this claim are true

You cant deny entering the agreement..there are 3 pages here that state otherwise ?

Just because the claimant has or cant disclose any agreement is not a reason to deny entering into the agreement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

would this be a better line to take

The claim is denied with regards to an amount due under an agreement. The Claimant has failed to disclose any agreement or statements on which its claim relies upon.

why not use the alternative..I have in the past had financial dealing with..but do not recognise this particular account

look at OTHER defences too, you can mix n match lines

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not really...the claimant is not at liberty to disclose any documents until after you submit a defence.

The process....

Claim

Defence

Allocation

Disclosure and evidence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

paragraph 1 i have had financial dealings with orange in the past however i cannot recall this account(agreement) and as yet the claimant has yet to supply me with a copy of the Account/Agreement mentioned in Paticulars of claim

does this sound better not very good on this sorry

thanks andy i will study the other cases and work a plan out

can i ask a question regarding documents if i was to recieve a letter of assigment from orange as the copy i have here would it not be on offical orange headed paper and secondly would the person who signed it in unreadable form put his printed name and tile of job down on it I AM not for one minute thinking someone else has done this

trying again

1.The defendant entered into an agreement with orangelink3.gif under account ref xxxxx (the Agreement).

2.The defendant failed to maintain the required payment and the service was terminated.

3.The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on the xxxxxxxand notice given to the defendant. Despite repeated request for payment the sum of £xxxxxx remains due and outstanding.

And the claimant claims

a)The said sum of xxxxxx

b)Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Courts act 1984at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these accruing a daily rate of xxxx but limited to one year,being xxxxx

c) Costs

Defence

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. It is agreed that a relationship did exist between the Defendant and Orange however, I cannot recall this account (Agreement) and has yet to supply me with a copy of the Account/Agreement mentioned in particulars of Claim.
  2. The defendant denies being served with notice of termination of service.
  3. The defendant is unaware of any legal notice of assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to Law and property Act 1925 Section 136(1).

Therefore the defendant denies owing any money to the Claimant and the claimant is put to strict proof ,

1. Show how the Defendant has entered into an Agreement.
  2. Show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for.
  3. Show how the Claimant has legal right ,either under statue or equity to issue a claim.
  4. Put to strict proof to provided in writing signed by the assignor at time of alleged Assignment.

As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4) it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed; having been provided with written requests for information under CPR 31.14 and to date have failed to provide any such documentation as detailed on the particulars of claim.

Notwithstanding the above should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the entire balance of the remaining contract. OFCOM guidance states that any Early Termination Charge that is made up of the entire balance if the remaining contract is unlikely to be fair as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925.

I wold remove all formatting

else it wont copy over properly to mcol

do it in a text based program not word.

and they

does it look ok

revised as for claim form

1. Paragraph 1 is accepted insofar that a relationship did exist between the Defendant and orange however, I cannot recall this account (Agreement) and has yet to supply me with a copy of the Account/Agreement mentioned in particulars of Claim.

2.Paragraph 3 is denied .The defendant is unaware of any legal notice of assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to Law and property Act 1925 Section 136(1).

3.Therefore the defendant denies owing any money to the Claimant and the claimant is put to strict proof ,

Show how the Defendant has entered into an Agreement.

Show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for.

Show how the Claimant has legal right ,either under statue or equity to issue a claim.

4.As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4) it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed; having been provided with written requests for information under CPR 31.14 and to date have failed to provide any such documentation as detailed on the particulars of claim.

5.On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925.

6.Notwithstanding the above should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the entire balance of the remaining contract. OFCOM guidance states that any Early Termination Charge that is made up of the entire balance if the remaining contract is unlikely to be fair as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

7.By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Remove ....." .The defendant denies being served with notice of termination of service." there is no such notice...rest is fine...or will be once I put the conclusion/ending back you have removed.

Already done it for you...your defence in post #60 is now ready

Not due till Friday week

and they

dx/ andy

was going to submit my defence today looking through it one more time my defence states that they have not provided such documentations they did send an assigment paper however it is a vauge one which unreadable signature and not even headed paper do i still carry on as per defence???

Yes..then they will have to provide a further one as directed by the court

thank you super andyorch

:wink:

No idea

They have 33 days

and they

• 2 weeks later...

today received letter from lowell regarding claim and requesting meditation what advice regarding this please

also on the same note 3 phone calls to my mobile for which i could not answer as i was drivng however found out they were from lowells do i ignore or answer these if i get them again

regarding my debts been in touch with nat debt line they recommend that i would be eligible to apply for dro advice on this one as well

thanks

Edited by dx100uk

not been reading other threads yet then to get an idea on how things progress....

you DO NOT EVER ring or speak to a fleecing powerless DCA or their fake/tame solicitors.

you await YOUR N180

are you sure that came from lowells & not the court?

and no

don't go for a dro

that puts a millstone around your neck for other debts that might not even be enforceable...have you even checked?

and they

thanks dx

sorry for late reply been looking at threads

got a vauge idea what happens

it was from lowells a copy of what they have logged with the court

copy of directions questionnaire

if you want to discuss further please ring number supplied

i have sent cca for debts waiting for reply due week today

got a feeling 2 are not enforceable as they asked me for time when i ask what they were about in jan

got it they got to supply their evidence which they havent as yet to

me if i am correct

read through the other threads and i see what is what regarding giving me their documents ie agreement how they got the sum and so forth and if they havent given me the documents then meditation will not go ahead:sad: