Lowell/Lowells Solicitors Claim form - old Orange mobile 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

mystirio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

today received a letter from lowells Solicitors regarding an outstanding debt to orange

I received on prior to Xmas and asked them to supply me with the following

Contract/Agreement

Statement of Account showing details and dates of debits and credits

including

payments,

interest and

charges to the account and

the current amount outstanding;

Copy of Default notice,

copy of formal demand;

and where the debt has been sold,

copies of letters from original creditor stating that,

plus letters from current creditor stating that

the reply is as follow ,

As this is a telecommunication account it is not regulated under the consumer credit act1974 therefore the original creditor is not obliged to provide you with a copy of the agreement.

The default notice would have been sent to your address at the revelant time

.We have requested a copy of the account statment and will forward this to you upon receipt .

We can confirm that the account was taken out on sept 2008 with mobile number -------------- and defaulted on the 15 oct 2013 due to non payment .

the last payment was made on March 4th 2013 for the amount of £220.83

.Please contact us with suitable repayment plan within 14 days to confirm your prefered method of payment and date from the options located on reverse of this letter

.if no response is received a claim form may be issued incurring costs

.If you do not respond to the claim we may apply for a CCJ which could impact any future credit applications mortgages or even some employment while it remains unsatified on your credit file.

Questions are as follows

is there a lawfull request to obtain the original agreement or are they allowed not to disclose this.

Also I do not recall ever paying this amount so I will be checking with my bank to verify this .

Am I allowed to have the requested items I did ask for.

Anyone posssible to help out on this one please.

Thanks

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can request what you like

but sadly theres no consumer credit agreement so you cant force them to disclose

its a request.

id be proving that payment and the ones beforehand too.

tell us about the contract you signed up too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cheers for that

i will contact bank tommorow about that payment

regarding contract i do not know what contract it was

surely they have a legal duty to supply you with a copy of their contract or you could be paying for something you didnt ask for or get

Did you have a mobile phone with Orange/EE?

Is what you posted in #1 verbatim as to what you requested from lowlifes?

Mobile phone contracts, are simply ''service agreements'' UNLESS (as is the case with O2) they split the service agreement, and give you a handset under a credit agreement.

A statement of account, 'should' be sent annually either by the OC or the goons chasing for your hard earned.

Most of the other info you requested would need to be sent to the OC under a SAR (£10) which would/should get you the full run down of the account.

TBH the response you got from lowlifes is pretty standard, and looks like it hasn't been read by at all, least of all by an adult.

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks for last so if i write to orange asking for sar request first off then write to lowlife stating i have sent orange a sar and will contact them as soon as i recieve the sar back after checking it does that sound ok

No just request the DSAR...your not obliged to inform Lowell of anything...the debt has been assigned to them all they have is your name and address and the amount outstanding and who they bought it from.......they dont have or hold any documents.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

thanks for last so if i write to orange asking for sar request first off then write to lowlife stating i have sent orange a sar and will contact them as soon as i recieve the sar back after checking it does that sound ok

Yes agreed, you are under absolutely NO legal requirement to inform lowlifes of anything, send of the SAR with a £10 postal order (leave it blank).

The SAR is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request-**Updated-January-2015**

Obtain ''proof of posting'' as a minimum, if you can afford it, send it by recorded delivery, they have 40 days (calender) in which to comply with your request.

Ignore lowlifes, all of their letters are spat out of their computer at regular intervals, writing to them won't do anything to stop that. Just ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Customer Services

EE

6 Camberwell Way

Sunderland

Tyne and Wear

SR3 3XN

United Kingdom

I 'think?' that is the address, I pulled it off their website anyhow.

Address it to the ''data controller''.

State that it is for an Orange account in the SAR, ignore lowlifes totally.

• 2 weeks later...

update

today again 2 letters in same envelope one from lowells and one from lowells solicitors

one from lowells saying it been passed to their solicitors

and one from their solicitors saying it has not been paid yet reply or leave well alone???

not a lot you can do really if they are going to issue a claimform no-one can predict really.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You ''could'' respond with one line,

Dear Bill&Ben,

I am awaiting a response from Orange, they have 40 days in which to respond.

Regards.

PRINT NAME.

OR, you could just ignore them totally, I know what I'd do, their intimidation techniques are puerile, don't fall for them, they are deliberately designed to get you to contact them and trip yourself up.

no read it properly

bet it doesnt say WILL anywhere

and they

we have not heard from you regarding your orange account and are instructed by our client, Lowell Portfolio to commence legal action and issue a claim against you in county court bulk centre in respect of this debt

you must contact us to make arragments to pay within the next 14 days or a claim WILL be issued without further notice to you.

well that's the pot luck letter I mentioned they might send.

you could get a claimform you might not.

theres no way of knowing.

but if the debt is mainly termination fees etc they'll get no where

did you ring ornage and check you were making payment till 2013 like lowlife claim?

and they

sorry for the late reply

I did check with bank

yes there was a payment made for the sum by direct debit

as this is my wifes bank account she cancelled it as it was always the same

however what i dont understand i have asked her this and she also says the same she had only one phone and that was a contract phone :mad2:

she does not think there was anything else involved but the price seems very steep for one contract phone

I have not phoned orange but have sent them a sar and awating this back question regarding sar what will that show?????:?::?::?:

delivered 25 jan signed for

SAR will show you everything, all transactions, payments, bills, charges and will show you how the figure lowlifes state, has been made up.

or before it hits the shredder...

I doubt EE would be telling the DCA anything about your SAR

they wouldn't be the least be interested or involved in any court cases

and they

wondering why i am getting this mail straight after each other

Because it is spat out by a computer, it doesn't know or care, what you are doing, least of all asking for a SAR.

• 3 weeks later...

hi

just received the sar from orange ee

the debt to lowells is debt of air time 639.13

and contract charges of 1579.23

a load of other documents also found out my wife had 2 of my kids on account:x:-x

this is so confusing

what do i need to look at

ee states that they do not hold any original signed documents

that these original documents are no longer available

any advice please

I completely agree, so what is that figure they're claiming you owe??

IF it is indeed the ''remainder of the contract'' that they have added on, then it is a service they didn't supply, as you never used it, so you're not liable to pay this, you had no use of it.