Concorde216

Ccj threat from gladstones on behalf of millenium door and event security ltd

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1055 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I’m new to this forum but would appreciate any help/advice you can give.

I received a parking sticker on my previous vehicle back in October 2015 for parking on private land, which was once occupied by the DVLA local office.

At the time of the alleged “offence”, approx 30-35 vehicles were ticketed by a company called Millennium Door and Event Security Ltd.

I should point out at this stage that I do work for the DVLA and at the time there were NO signs erected as the local office had only recently closed and the building was up for sale/let by the landlord.

The majority of my colleagues paid the initial summons which I believe was £60.

I declined to do this out of principle.

I did not hear anything again until December 2016,

this was a letter from a company called Gladstone’s Solicitors threatening me with court action if I didn’t settle the £240 fee ??

Then this morning I have received another letter from Gladstone’s Solicitors this time stating that Millennium Door and Event Security Ltd have recently obtained Judgement against me,

and that no doubt I have received a copy of the judgement from the court,

well I haven’t !

What can I do ??

Edited by dx100uk
real name removed - dx

Hello and welcome,

Based on the fact that they have not left it with you i will be writing them a letter then stating that their signage is illegal, which it is.

Well, you can check with the courts service to see if a summons was issued and if to where it was sent.

If there has been a summons issued and then a default judgement

( this would have happened if you didnt respond to a court claim within a fortnight of issue) you can have it set aside.

This will cost you £255

but when you get the set aside you can recover the money that cost back from Millenium Security if they then fail to convince a judge their claim was not only processed properly

but also had the merit to win on its facts ( fat chance from what you say)

It may be that Gladdys have sent out the wrong letter to you and you have got someone else's intended post.

Once you know the answwer to the top part you can go after Gladstones for their incompetence but one step at a time.

The only correspondence I received was the first letter in December,

then the one dated January 11th advising of a CCJ.

At no point have I received ANY letters from Millenium Door and Event Security ltd,

aside from the original sticky ticket which was affixed to the drivers side window of my previous car.

Not in a position to afford £255 at the moment

Have you moved house since the day the ticket was slapped on your car?

Get onto the court anyway,

there must be a court claim reference number on Gladdys letter somewhere.

As for not in the position to afford £255,

you are in a position to pay these bandits £240 for nothing though?

Or perhaps you prefer to wait for them to pay another £60 and get the matter move to the high court so they can send bailiffs round and seize your car and anything they find in the garden shed .

If you are on a low income there is a remission of fees form you can fill in and possibly pay nothing.

most people on an income based benefit will be OK,

if you dotn claim any benefit then a low income will stil get you a remission

but it takes longer to verify so dont delay in starting this set-aside claim or you may well get hammered.