Jump to content

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1059 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Right landlord is being an ass again but on a more serious level this time.

We have not had a new gas safety certificate in at least 14 months. Might be more. Had a quick look for the old one but I can't locate it. But I know its been more then 12 months.

After reading around on the internet and I have read it is not my responsibility to make the landlord aware it is due it is his to make sure it is done on time.

I rang him a few days ago to find he had changed his number and not told me. So I had to contact him on whatsapp as his old number was still linked to his account. I asked him if he changed his number and if I could have a new one. He then gave it me and I rang him to talk about the certificate. I reminded him it was a legal requirement. He said his usual line "I am not in at the moment" so he couldn't check his paperwork "Usual story from him" He said he would be in touch today before midday about it but nothing.

He was more concerned about the rent increase that happened in October 2016 and if I was paying the correct amount in and would be checking it. We are passing the correct amount before anyone questions it.

But clearly the more serious issue is the gas certificate.

We are moving out this year as we have had enough of his attitude as a landlord and we have enough to move out should we need to so we are not worried on him trying to serve a notice on us to leave as this would allow us to leave earlier.

So what should we do? Whats the best route to take?

Many thanks

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your landlord has duties under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 to arrange maintenance by a Gas Safe registered engineer link to external website for all pipe work, appliances and flues, which they own and have provided for your use.


Your landlord must also arrange for an annual gas safety check to be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer. They must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.



By law landlords must carry out an annual gas safety check and provide tenants with a copy of the record of that check. New tenants should receive a copy before they move in and existing tenants should get a copy within 28 days of the annual check being done





We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

what is it you want? You can report to council housing dept if you wish but you should have a plan of what you want to happen- either LL getting a rollicking or getting someone round to do the inspection. If you have other issues withLL then council involvement may well be to your advantage, if you just want peace of mind about the paperwork them this isnt the best way forward. If you knwo where LL lives try a simple letter and say you expect a response in writing by ( say a week)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...