Not entitled to benefit urgent advise please needed please please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Can I ask what is a reasonable waiting time for a reconsideration on esa as per other posts I had the wca, received letter 5 days later got 0 points phoned straight away for the reconsideration got a letter back stating it had Ben accepted from the 7th November so have waited have rang a few times been told I would just have to wait as they had a backlog

So to date nothing and this is the 11th January

We received no monies so decided to ring benefits and had to sign on to jsa explained I was not fit but was told if I didn't do it I get no benefit and as of yet we signed on the 29th December we haven't got anything from it either we use to get help with mortgage on our interest mortgage but have got nothing from anyone we don't no what to do next as no one wants to no

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys could someone please advise urgently

Going to shorten all that has happened

Was on esa for last three years. Done the wca and received the normal 0 points asked for a MR straight away that was 7th November 2016 got a letter to say they will look into it so we waited and heard nothing we thought it be a week or two but to date still no word

So we rang to see what happening was told there was a backlog as we needed some money we ended up signing on to jsa me and my wife was told to come in on 29th December so we did we filled in the forms with the ones behind the desk

We didn't realise we could claim jsa straight after the letter giving 0 points on esa so back claimed this we only found out when we rang to see what going on with the esa MR

We have today got a letter saying my wife is entitled to jsa at £73 per week I got a letter to say I'm not entitled to any benefit as I haven't paid enough nic contributions in the year 2007-2008. And we were told we not entitled to claim the bad pay benefit as didn't have a reasonable reason and left it to late we can ask for a MR of this

So all we will get now is £73 could my wife not claim for me instead of 2 different claims as when I was on esa I claimed for her

Please guys any advice we really starting to struggle and all is getting the better of us no monies from beginning of November

Hi Sparky

Im so sorry but benefits is not my strongpoint... However have you considered... https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Find-Benefits-Grants

I understand that it can be quite a bit of help?

Also one of the team will be along shortly.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi thanks have tried that it states we as a couple should get 114 a week but don't no if that takes these contributions into account as I have been on esa for 3-4 years

We don't no what to do our local cab can't see us to next week

You can see we need help as soon as possible

please keep to one thread

it makes a total mockery of people giving advice if you keep making new threads each time you have a new issue.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am very surprised that you cant claim income based JSA as a couple, I take it your wife is claiming contribution based JSA but you don't qualify for that am I right??

Did your wife and yourself just put in claims for contribution based JSA? have you asked about a couples claim for income based JSA.

This link may help

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/jobseekers-allowance

Joint claims for Jobseeker’s Allowance

If you have a partner who was born after 28 October 1947 you may need to claim JSA as part of a couple (this is called a joint claim).

In a joint claim for Jobseeker’s Allowance, both members of certain couples usually have to claim together, and both people must usually meet all the rules for getting income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance. This applies if:

• you, your partner, or both of you are aged 18 or over and were born after 28 October 1947
  • neither of you are responsible for a child

Agree with Madamfluff - are you sure you haven't made two separate contribution-based claims? What you need to do is ask your wife to complete a JSA3 form to request that they consider your joint entitlement to income-based JSA(IB). You also need to be on JSA(IB) to get mortgage assistance.

With regard to the backdating, you could ask for an MR. However, they won't normally accept "I didn't know I could claim" as a valid reason. No harm in trying, though.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi guys

Sorry have been down sick and out of action for a wee while

I will update after my initial post I contacted CA and done the online calculator and as some stated we were due more

We contacted benefit office and yes they said they made a mistake it should have been a joint claim when we applied to sign on we rang them and explained what happened we were told to come in on a date and time and when we did we were given the forms to fill in we never questioned it as you would think they would no their own job

We were also told they will not back date claim to 7th November as that is date when esa put us off and we asked for a MR on esa decision they stated in jsa that we could have signed on sooner so if we did they still be out the benefit the whole thing is a [problem] to stop benefit and claw back when they can

But now they are sorting it they state but we only have got one payment if you ring they say there is nothing on system because of asking for MR for not backdating on jsa benefit

Kicked off esa 7th November asked for a MR on same day we didn't realise we needed to sign on so quick 20th December called esa told there is a backlog and asked how we going to get benefit they tell us to go to jsa sign on the 29th they make mistakes and won't backdate it either we have had £200 since and altogether to date we signed on again last week for the next fortnight but still no monies our claim still be looked at

Have heard nothing from ESA since letter stating they will consider our MR don't believe it takes this long

Once again guys thanks for all help on here

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Would like to know your opinions after being put off esa and appealing straight away which was Nov 2016 we didn't realise as was explained to us that we could claim jsa benefit we did not claim jsa for 5 weeks eventually we got jsa after a few problems but they will not backdate it to end of esa as they say we were not available for work but won't explain that bit so appealed it refused again but now we going to appeal

But on another note we asked for a MR on our esa from November but to date of today this has never been decided we have rang and sent more info but nothing from them November 6th 2016 to now how long is acceptable as they are stopping me going for appeal if I was allowed to appeal there is a chance I could get back the 5 weeks benefit we lost

We believe esa has realised we getting jsa and are trying to ignore it

Could I get any ideas on this the 5bweeks loss in region of £800