Joint executor query

Crysys
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can a joint executor stop the other executor from buying the deceased mother's house instead of selling on the open market?

Are there any legal processes that can be initiated to keep the house in the family?

There would be no conflict of interest as the agreed probate valuation can be paid thus negating any question of fraud.

Probate has already been proved

- the two executors are sisters and joint beneficiaries and one is just being difficult due to a strained relationship.

Many thanks.

As long as there is no stipulation within the will and its sold for the valued asking price cant see any reason why not...goes to the estate.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy.

The one sister has said that the other can't buy it.

As joint executors,

can she stop her sister from buying it?

Is there anything either can do to force the issue?

Well they need to work together for starters otherwise it could become problematic.

There is no legal reason why it cant be purchased..I would advise getting 3 independent valuations and then a good conveyancer on her side.

May be of interest...

http://trustsdiscussionforum.co.uk/t/beneficiary-purchasing-property-from-estate/2247

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So renounce or reserve power and then buy as a beneficiary ? Although I still think you can as both executors are sole beneficiaries

So renounce or reserve power and then buy as a beneficiary ? Although I still think you can as both executors are sole beneficiaries

The problem is that one sister is refusing to allow the other to buy. Even if my friend wasn't an executor, she still needs the others consent to buy the house. Unless there is something the law can do to help.

And like wise she can stop her selling it as joint executor...so stalemate...commonsense should prevail

Agreed. I think the bully will prevail! However, I've advised getting legal advice...but she is pretty browbeaten by her sister. I'm beginning to wish she hadn't phoned me! Thanks for your insight Andy.