Want to issue a County Court Summons, but need help please

Boobydoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

A few days ago I posted on here about a Company who installed some pipework above my Café ceiling and caused the ceiling to come through due to water damage.

I raised an Invoice for loss of earnings and food waste, but the Managing Director has ignored it, as well as an email asking him when payment would be made. I am now a little suspicious of this particular director as I have since found that he has another five limited companies all registered to the same address, plus, a dissolved Company which was also recent. All of the listed companies are registered to the same address, however, none of the Directors home addresses show.

So, can I only raise the summons against the Ltd Company that carried out the work or, can I also include him as an individual if I find his home address? I'm just worried that a CCJ may mean nothing with a dissolved Company and six others on the go.

Any advise please?

Thread moved to General Legal Issues in view of pending litigation.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Who did the work? Specifically what is the name on the invoice for work carried out?

Hi

The work wasn't done directly for me. It was carried out for the landlord. The landlord has no 'clout' about him and so I'm having to deal with it. I've submitted my invoice and warned that if they kept ignoring then I would take it to court.

After checking out the company I feel I'm dealing with someone who knows what to do to avoid this

As the contract is between your LL and the Company...I doubt you will be able to pursue on his behalf....

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

As the contract is between your LL and the Company...I doubt you will be able to pursue on his behalf....

Andy

Yes I agree, there is no contract between the Op and the company that did the work, as suggested, it appears the Op could pursue the landlord for breach of lease or damages, as the LL is the one who employed the company (in effect the landlord did the work).

Could possibly name the company as a second respondent. ?

Yes I agree, there is no contract between the Op and the company that did the work, as suggested, it appears the Op could pursue the landlord for breach of lease or damages, as the LL is the one who employed the company (in effect the landlord did the work).

Could possibly name the company as a second respondent. ?

Yes Andy or join the LL as as party to the claim