style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in may 2016 I went primary with my friend and her baby.

I was carrying her baby around the store and she was shoving items she wanted in the buggy.

I PAID for a pair of shoes I wanted and she had everything she wanted so we went to leave

but security stopped us and took us into the back room.

they didn't find anything on me but took a scan of my drivers license and my number.

They didn't call the police, didn't offer my friend a chance to pay for the items and got all items back.

I have received numerous letters and 1 phone call from RLP about a fine to pay.

It had been months since I heard from them and then today received a call from CCL (County Collections LTD) about the same incident.

What can I do? and whats going to happen now?

nothing you totally IGNORE THEM..

its NOT A FINE anyway

its them trying to FLEECE people

they aren't bailiffs and they have absolutely NO LEGAL POWERS whatsoever.

please stop answering the phone to them

or

have a bit of fun with them

wind em up

there really is nothing they can do

tell your friend that too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Even though they've passed it on to another collection agency? are they even allowed to do that?

Morally, probably not. Legally, may be. These companies operate in a grey area and use paralegal mumbo-jumbo in an effort to harass their victims. You committed no crime, were not charged with anything by the police, and the only people that could have fined you are the courts.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

If you have a read around this forum you will see that RLP use various debt collectors. Why don't they just use one I hear you ask (or maybe not)?

Simple. These debt collectors are working on a no win no fee basis and once one DCA realises that we are on to them, they don't like working with RLP any more. I have lost count of the number of different DCA's that have chased what they tend to call 'An Undisputed Debt' only to go away empty handed.

They have about as much power over you as I have. That'll be none then. Ignore then ignore some more :madgrin:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If you made a complaint to their governing organisation then they would stop it but to be honest it is far easier to ignore them than it is to challenge them, they are wasting their time and money at the moment.

Even though they've passed it on to another collection agency? are they even allowed to do that?