• Tweets

• As I recall the only thing you tried telling us was based on a quote that you selectively edited by Lord James of Blackheath. You misrepresented it as a statement of fact when it was actually a question which was laughed at by his peers in the House of Lords.  We told you it was garbage, you asked us to prove it and we did.   Remember?
    • you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
  • Our picks

rosey999

should i reject or request repair

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1060 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all.

New to this and please excuse what is no doubt my own naivety thats got me in this situation.

Last week, I concluded my search for a new car, Volvo V50 SE Lux 2008. Lovely car, tidy inside and had a very high spec. The own of the local dealer I bought it from may have spun me a bit of a yarn....

The car had a high level of road noise which he said was down to the tyre tread being a bit low. This seemed fair as it is a problem on these vehicles. I changed the to front tyres at £90 each and this made no difference to the noise at all.

I knew also that front breaks were due soon hence I knocked his price down to cater for this. I have put new discs and pads on the car and that has made no difference. £170 for that.

The next possibility is that it is the wheel bearings that need replacing which will be another £400. If it is not the wheel bearing then it could possibly be a gearbox problem which will cost a fortune.

The car is otherwise perfect and I love it so I am inclined to replace the wheel bearings but if it turns out to be something else can I still reject the car and am I in a position to also claim back the cost of the above bearings, brakes and tyres?

When I test drove the car, the seller said that when it went for MOT, "the mechanics had given it a thorough check over and they assured me the road noise was simply tyre related."

Any thoughts or tips would be gratefully received.

It's up to you, but frankly it sounds to me is if you're getting caught up in a spiralling trap of expenditure.

At some point you may decide to reject the car – which within 30 days you are entitled to do – but then you will have the very complicated situation of getting the refund but also trying to claim back the money for all the improvements you have made.

You are already exhibiting a series of wrong judgements in ascertaining the cause of the problem. I think that your interest will be best served by calling a halt to it now.

You need to be methodical in getting to the root cause of the issue.

Essentially, from your post you have said that you have road noise.

The brakes will have no effect on this unless you are actually using them. So presume you can rule this out.

You haven't described the noise as to whether it's a pitch noise, i.e. changes with speed, is constant, changes with gear selection etc.

So here is a basic guide.

If the pitch of the noise doesn't change irrespective of the road surface you are on then the likelihood it's wheel bearing related. If the noise changes depending on gear selected at the same speed then it's pointing towards gearbox/drivetrain. This is at constant speed by the way.

If you have changed tyres like for like then there could be a an issue with the tyres. Could do with the mileage of the car as this is probably a car with a design known as EuCD and if over 60K miles will suffer from wheel bearing issues, lower control arm and upper suspension bearing.

You need to be more succinct in the description of noise.