• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I have received a Issue of warrant of control for debt to lowell from the courts

,it states a baliff will to remove goods call unless full payment is made by 22nd jan .

I admit I have left this spiral out of control , but need advise please .

I am a full time carer for my wife who has severe mental health problems/suicidal thoughts and multiple physical disabilities .

Also my son who has severe autism has been having fits and I have been so worried about both my wife and my son and also suffering dizziness and anxiety myself have left this go ,

I did receive a claim form back in april ,

then in july was ordered to pay instalments of £50 a month ,

however my financial situation is that my wife claims employment support Allowance and is in the support group ,

she claims Personal Independence payment , the mobility payment being paid for her motability car )

the only income in my own name is £62 a week carers allowance,

also back in January last year a budget sheet was compiled when contacting the national debt helpline of our finaces and we had more outgoings than income .

The £50 a week set by the court has not been paid and I have buried my head in the sand so to speak due to all going on with my wife's mental health , and my sons fits

,now Ive made matters worse receiving the Warrant of Control .

I havnt got the money to pay , and I cant allow balliffs in and this would cause my wife distress ,

and as she is prone to suicide attempts .

Also severe anxiety disorder .ongoing depression and is on a lot of medication. , constant tremors

Any advise please ,

I have alot of documented evidence of my wifes mental health from health care professionals .

kind regards

Edited by dx100uk

How much is the CCJ for

Can I also reassure you that you are not under any obligation to allow the bailiff into your property and given the almost obvious 'vulnerability', I would certainly not recommend that you do so.

This debt will not be enforced by a private sector enforcement agent. It may only be enforced by a County Court bailiff.

50% of her ESA is yours its a joint claim.

but anyway.

its for a CCJ to a debt buyer

what was the original debt

from whom

and what type of credit was it.

a court bailiff is your friend in a way.

he wont want too but cant anyway, force entry.

shame you didn't defend the claim and come here earlier

we could have probably beaten lowells

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for replying

its a catalogue debt for JD Williams ,

initial debt before costs was 253.57 before costs, now £328

it says £350.37

Thank you for your reply ,

so it will be a county court judge that will attend after the 22nd January ?

as I cant pay it ,

ive tried to borrow but nobody can help

no a judge wont attend your home

a bailiff would, but as said, it would be a court bailiff and they are not out to make things worse

not like the shows you see on TV.

however you need to do 'something' before that date.

which I take it is the deadline from that letter.?

you need to setup a realistic payment plan via form N245 [even £1PCM will do]

or

using the N244 form set it aside but that's £255

and you 'll also need a defence for the org claimform

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you need to setup a realistic payment plan [even £1PCM will do]

or

using the N244 form set it aside but that's £255 and you 'll also need a defence for the org claimform

There is no basis to get this judgment set aside and instead, an N245 needs to be submitted to get the current repayment rate (of £50 per month) varied.

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/n245-eng.pdf

Given the families financial circumstances, I would suggest that they look through the EX160 to see if they will be exempt from paying the court fee.

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/ex160-eng.pdf

well we don't know yet

my full post also said:

and you 'll also need a defence for the org claimformlink3.gif

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?473664-warrant-of-control

and they

warrant of control was dated 13th january ,

says payment due to the court before the 22nd january .

what does a defence for the org mean please ?

I dont recall owing this debt to JD Williams ,

would Lowell have a copy of this account , contract and payments made in past ?

would they have to submit this to the courts ?

I know its from JD as Lowells Solicitrors letters to me about the missed £50 payments states the original company name as JD Williams

ok we have a wee bit of time as its the w/end to get some background info from you

but you must action what the more knowledgeable ones advise on Monday morning.

you indicate you don't actually know what this debt is?

did you even have a catalogue account?

when did you first order from them?

when did yo last pay them?

its not outside the realms of thruth to say that its quite usual for the catalogue company to rack up £240 in reclaimable penalty charges

that are unlawful [if they did this for just 10mts £12 late fee + £12 Missed payment fee each month, that equals £240..

I've know cat companies to allow an account to run unpaid for several years and them adding £24 each month

then default you and sell it on to a DCa like lowells]

it could be worthy for you to go get your credit file from say noddle or clearscore

this might give you more info about the debt that you've forgotten about.

then comeback and answer the issues I've pointed to in this post

the more you can tell us about this debt the better

and they

Telephoned the courts this morning ,

I didn't phone until 11am , and was told I needed to contact the bailiff office as the court doesn't just send out the forms ,

the bailiff office only opens 9 am - 10.30 am , I

didn't realise this ,

so will have to ring bailiff office in the morning .

Can they remove motability vehicles ?

I dont own the car ,motability do ,I just lease it

,thank you

There is no basis to get this judgment set aside and instead, an N245 needs to be submitted to get the current repayment rate (of £50 per month) varied.

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/n245-eng.pdf

Given the families financial circumstances, I would suggest that they look through the EX160 to see if they will be exempt from paying the court fee.

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/ex160-eng.pdf

You can only submit an application to vary (N245 ) if its a Forthwith Judgment BA..which this isn't as its already set at £50 per month by the Judgment Order...you have to make an application for a redetermination (n244) without hearing

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You can only submit an application to vary (N245 ) if its a Forthwith Judgment BA..which this isn't as its already set at £50 per month by the Judgment Order...you have to make an application for a redetermination (n244) without hearing

Andy

The application order? looking through the form,im confused what I need to write

The application order? looking through the form,im confused what I need to write

What do you wish to do ? Redetermination or set a side ?

Or do you wish to stay the Warrant ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Its strange I have been through all my letters and only letters off lowell for this case are from lowell solicitors informing me of this

" as you are we represent lowell portfolio and we have issued proceedings against you in the form of a county court judgement which you failed to respond to propsal of payment or a reason why debt is disputed ,

this letter however prior to the lowell solicitors letters i have dated the first one on may 15th 2016 ,

i had no prior correspondence off lowell informing me they now have the catalogue debt .

this letter dated 13th may 2016 gave me until the 23rd to respond , 10 days from date of letter ,not taking into account a few days it took to reach me in post ,

then the weekend , gave me about 4 days to respond .

legal proceedings were nearly on top of me before I had any chance to even negotiate with lowell portfolio

,as I was never given the chance as I was not made aware the debt had been sold on to lowell portfolio until receipt of the lowell solicitors letter of the 13th may

Should i ask for it to be set aside on this ?

Also this letter has already added fees as the principal debt was £234, and on this first letter was £328

sorry should of read the first letter dated 13th may,not 15th

Its strange I have been through all my letters and only letters off lowell for this case are from lowell solicitors informing me of this

" as you are we represent lowell portfolio and we have issued proceedings against you in the form of a county court judgement which you failed to respond to propsal of payment or a reason why debt is disputed ,

this letter however prior to the lowell solicitors letters i have dated the first one on may 15th 2016 ,

i had no prior correspondence off lowell informing me they now have the catalogue debt .

this letter dated 13th may 2016 gave me until the 23rd to respond , 10 days from date of letter ,not taking into account a few days it took to reach me in post ,

First thing first......please be reassured that the bailiff who may attend your property will be a County Court bailiff and not a private sector bailiff (such as those working for Marston Group, Rossendales, Equita, Jacobs, Newlyn's etc). The difference between the two, is that a private sector bailiff's salary is mainly made up of commission from payments that he collects. A County Court bailiff is not reliant upon commission and therefore is much more approachable. That said....it must be remembered that in both cases......they are working on behalf of the creditor to collect the money owed to them.

Secondly, you have a great deal on your plate to deal with on a daily basis....(you are a full time carer for your wife who has severe mental health problems and in addition, your son has severe autism).

My concern, is that I do not think that you will succeed with an application to 'set aside' this judgment......although you will likely succeed with an N244 application for a redetermination (as outlined by Andy).

Courts are becoming really harsh with 'set aside' applications and the general principle is that a 'set aside' will only succeed if you can demonstrate that you have a good defence to the debt. Secondly, courts expect these applications to made as soon as you are aware of the judgment.

I have carefully read back all of your posts and I can see in your initial post that you said this:

I did receive a claim form back in April ,

Then in July was ordered to pay instalments of £50 a month.

As you can see, and by your own admission, you received the Claim Form back in April and in July, you received a letter from the court ordering you to pay instalments of £50 per month.

My personal opinion is that you should put ideas of 'setting aside' the judgment to one side.

What you should be doing is speaking with the bailiffs office. Outline as briefly as possible your family circumstances and explain that you are considering applying to the court to have the monthly payments lowered to a more affordable figure. He may possibly put enforcement of the warrant on hold for a short period of time to allow you to get the necessary forms into court.

Please post back as soon as you have spoken with the bailiffs office.

Your Motability car should be safe, as it is not HP, and you never own the vehicle, and it is the CC bailiff involved; that said someone like Marstons or Jacobs can't take it on the Beneficial Interest malarkey, as it is exempt especially with a Blue Badge on display.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Your Motability car should be safe, as it is not HP, and you never own the vehicle, and it is the CC bailiff involved; that said someone like Marstons or Jacobs can't take it on the Beneficial Interest malarkey, as it is exempt especially with a Blue Badge on display.

The regulations are very specific in that as long as the vehicle is displaying a valid Blue Badge, it will be considered an exempt item Therefore, it cannot be seized by a bailiff.

The regulations are very specific in that as long as the vehicle is displaying a valid Blue Badge, it will be considered an exempt item Therefore, it cannot be seized by a bailiff.

Can they try the Beneficial interest argument on Motability? wouldn't happen in Op's case as is CC bailiff.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Can they try the Beneficial interest argument on Motability? wouldn't happen in Op's case as is CC bailiff.

As strange as it may seem, County Court bailiffs are governed by completely different fees scales and even retain the name 'Bailiff' (as opposed to Enforcement Agent). I would not for one minute consider that a County Court bailiff would ever dream of seizing a Motability Vehicle. I am sure that their Code of Practice (which I have a copy of) prohibits Motability Vehicles.

Motability vehicle are all leased so never belong to the person. DVLA records may reveal the name & address of the hirer but are listed similar to this:

Mrs AN Other

Motability Finance

10 The Street

Anytown

So it should be clear to anyone making a due diligence search of the vehicle that it belongs to Motability and not the named person. However any hirer attracting excess PCNs may be at risk of having their lease terminated.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is where most of the problems lie PT Due diligence it does not happen in a lot of cases

Where this happens it is an open & shut case and they deserve all get if a complaint is made. The whole procedures surrounding enforcement need tightening up with regards to proof, but I doubt the MOJ/Government are not bothered.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where this happens it is an open & shut case and they deserve all get if a complaint is made. The whole procedures surrounding enforcement need tightening up with regards to proof, but I doubt the MOJ/Government are not bothered.

They will only bother when a bailiff relies on Beneficial Interest and takes and sells a Motability car where the BB has "accidently" fallen off the dash.