style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1059 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Has anyone received a letter from capquest informing them that they over paid by £230 and they are refunding it. Debt was paid off some time ago.

Is this a [problem]

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Can you post the letter up? If they do owe anything, its very likely they owe a lot more

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

yes quite a few people have gotten these letters recently

and not all of them from capquest

cabot have been refunding too.

however it just shows what a poor job they are doing

and were probably fleecing you in the first place?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

a while ago someone took a bank to court over the true debt they owed

the bank realised that they would be paying out hundreds of thousands to settle any possible claims

so they pay out a fixed sum to everyone in the same boat and then they dont have to calculate every possible claim individually.

The reality is they probably owe you more than this but if you dont know how much then accept it as a settlement for any errors that may have been made.

Will take the money and run

Edited by Lilythepink
decision to take the advice

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

I'd sar them first . You're prob entitled to much more

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Chances are it was a UE debt too

all very likely but if OP doesnt have the figures or the inclination to fight on then a pragmatic approach with a little understanding of possible alternatives lend me to think that cashing the cq after writing and saying this is not automatically an acceptance of a full and final.

Chances are it was a UE debt too

What's a UE debt

LilythePink

Unenforceable

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

It was actually paid off, and was never even disputed...

LilythePink

The fact capquest had it should be concerning. Like cabot, they rarely ever enforce legit debts.

• Confused 1