style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope someone can help,

Me and 2 other friends shared a house from December 2014 to April 2015.

Me and 1 friend said we would pay the rent on the house whilst the other friend paid for all the bills, which was a lot cheaper than the rent.

I had a letter sent through to my current address from the council saying there was a Liability order granted from the magistrate in July 2015 ( I have not revived any correspondence from the council up until now).

It also states on the letter that they had an attachment of earning order from the friend, which means they would of taken money from the salary but my friend got sacked from the job and no money has been taken.

the whole amount is still payable.

I requested a statement of account from the council and all 3 names are on the account.

Question is who is liable, all 3?

If the OP had something in writing or a witness to the agreement on how they should have been spilling the rent / bills could OP pay the LO and then seek payment through a small claims court afterwards from the party that SHOULD have been responsible for the council tax payments?

If the OP had something in writing or a witness to the agreement on how they should have been spilling the rent / bills could OP pay the LO and then seek payment through a small claims court afterwards from the party that SHOULD have been responsible for the council tax payments?

Yes - it would fall in to a contractual agreement between them which could be taken to the small claims court to attempt to recover the monies.

Craig