Refused to be sent a bill by Lowel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone I hope your all having a good day,

I have been sent a few demands for payments in a letter from Lowell portfolio in regards to various debts they have acquired.

The letters are threats,

demanding for payments and are asking me to phone up and arrange a payment.

Today I rang Lowell ( I know, I know) and asked them for over an hour which I have recorded with their knowledge to send me a ''bill'' with a giro slip / cheque / remittance form so I can remedy the accounts

they have refused to send me a bill with the remittance / giro form on the bottom.

They have said they will send me some sort of acquisition letters and how much I am alleged to owe and their bank details to make payments to,

I have no idea if this is the same as a bill

but I'm sure its not and after an hour they have point blank refused to send out a ''bill'' so I can remedy via giro credit and said they will only send out an acquisition letter and I can only pay via credit card.

I told them that I can not pay a debt without first receiving a bill which in my world would only seem fair and that by refusing my payment offer and refusing my request to send me said bill they have now null and void my debts.

They said that they would still come for me for my debts and put the phone down.

I'm just wondering what to do now as I haven't got an actual bill to pay the debts just some dodgy threatening letters and they have refused to accept my offer of payment through giro bank credit.

I'm just wondering what to do now as I do really want the bill sending to remedy the accounts ,

do they have to send me a bill or is a demand letter or an acquisition letter classed as a ''Bill''.

By refusing my offer of remedy and refusing to send me out a proper bill have they just null and void my debts.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated on what to do next as I will not pay via card or debt.

Many Thanks

BB a4v

yea stop ringing them

they 'll tell you anything just to spoof you.

you need to know what these debts are and IF they are even enforceable!!

lowells are a debt buyer

they buy old consumer credit debts for peanuts

after the original creditors have written the debts of and sold them on.

THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

so if I were you id NOT be blindly paying or even THINKING of paying any powerless DCA until you confirm thedebt are even enforceable first.

go get you credit file.

see what shows.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks Dx for your reply it is much appreciated.

My credit files show Three debts to the amount of £5k

all of which were placed into default a few months back

all assigned to Lowell so no statue barred yet.

I have paid them one debt which was cleared just before xmas and was subsequently removed,

I was paying them all my carers allowance of 63 per WEEK and they took it like no one business and didn't even care they took it ALL of me every week with out fail which is not going to happen again.

All I wanted was a Bill of them and they have refused to give it me ,

I have the recording if its any good,

just goes around the housing me asking for a bill to be sent ,

them saying we don't send bills.

They can't send you a bill because they are not the orginal creditor dealing with the account billing under the original terms you agreed to. They simply bought the debt as part of a bulk buying process and as the new debt owner, you owe them the debt.

But if you can tell us what these debts are, then you might get further advice on how to deal with them.

Type of debt, approx year you took out account with original creditor, approx. amount of debt owed and approx. date you last made any payment. Also any issues of dispute with original creditors.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Many Thanks for your reply Uncle,

I was unaware that these collections agency's who buy debt do not have to send out a ''bill'' I would of thought that any one asking for money from you would have to produce to you some sort of ''bill'' under some sort of law? but I'm probably way off,

however I did have a debt with Robinson way and they sent a proper ''bill'' with the giro credit slip at the bottom which was adjusted and a a4v was made and accepted without a PN.

Would it be possible to ask the original creditors to send this bill?

The debts are for two credit cards around £1500 for the two with Capital One and Luma, and Shop Direct around £1500

I do not dispute the debt as I have no reason to.

Can I show you my credit file would be easier?

In addition to the other posts, I'm very curious to know where you got this idea that by "refusing" to provide you with a bill, they have annulled all your debts?

In addition to the other posts, I'm very curious to know where you got this idea that by "refusing" to provide you with a bill, they have annulled all your debts?

With All due respect I think you have answered your own question , how can I pay a bill without a bill? Refusing to send me a bill is refusing payment isn't it ?

I think to understand the problem you face you need to know exactly how the debt industry works.

Following on from Uncle Bs post above #4 debts are assigned to the DCA for as little as 10p in the £1..the debt has already been wrote off by the original creditor and reclaimed against their tax.The DCAs are simply the assignee of the defunct debt and send out letters cleverly disguised to make you think you are dealing with a bona fide creditor and have you believe they will do xyz if you refuse to cooperate.

They cant send payment slips with monthly statements..they are not geared up to be able to process that kind of payment...they dont send monthly statements so anything you do pay is simply unaccounted for.

They prefer a monthly direct debit or at least a standing order if you are soft enough to fall for their convincing letters and requests of payment.

Until you do all the necessary checks with the original creditor and you have received a Notice of Assignment of the debt and a copy of your agreement (section 77/78 request) and you are happy to comply to their request and there is no dispute with the original creditor...then that is the only means of payment.

Of course to set up a DD or SO you have to ring them first or possibly write ( this is to get acknowledgement of debt from you the debtor).

Whether you wish to willingly pay them after reading this is your choice..but make all the necessary checks first as they may not be legally entitled to collect on the debt and by paying them you are only financing them to harass others who are not aware of how the system works...unlike you.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I think to understand the problem you face you need to know exactly how the debt industry works.

Following on from Uncle Bs post above #4 debts are assigned to the DCA for as little as 10p in the £1..the debt has already been wrote off by the original creditor and reclaimed against their tax.The DCAs are simply the assignee of the defunct debt and send out letters cleverly disguised to make you think you are dealing with a bona fide creditor and have you believe they will do xyz if you refuse to cooperate.

They cant send payment slips with monthly statements..they are not geared up to be able to process that kind of payment...they dont send monthly statements so anything you do pay is simply unaccounted for.

They prefer a monthly direct debit or at least a standing order if you are soft enough to fall for their convincing letters and requests of payment.

Until you do all the necessary checks with the original creditor and you have received a Notice of Assignment of the debt and a copy of your agreement (section 77/78 request) and you are happy to comply to their request and there is no dispute with the original creditor...then that is the only means of payment.

Of course to set up a DD or SO you have to ring them first or possibly write ( this is to get acknowledgement of debt from you the debtor).

Whether you wish to willingly pay them after reading this is your choice..but make all the necessary checks first as they may not be legally entitled to collect on the debt and by paying them you are only financing them to harass others who are not aware of how the system works...unlike you.

Regards

Andy

Many thanks Andy for your much needed education . However I have a few bills from Robinson way , moorcroft ect ect and they all sent me bills with the remittence form on the bottom, are they different ? The only company that I have delt with that has refused me to pay via giro cheque is Lowell? Just trying to understand the system a bit better

Edited by bankerbuster

Robinsons must be able to afford better accounting systems then and more are falling for the their nonsense by funding it:-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

STOP BLINDLY PAYING DCA'S

we want £100 for every answer we have given you here

if we sent you a bill,, would you blindly pay that too?

stop being a cash cow!!

just because morally you 'think' you owe the money

legally yo may not!!

ask yourself one question...

why did the original creditor sell my debt to a debt buyer for a a fraction of what its worth?

why didn't they take me to court and crush me?

gedit yet?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

With All due respect I think you have answered your own question , how can I pay a bill without a bill? Refusing to send me a bill is refusing payment isn't it ?

I don't think that this argument would run very far. I'm not entirely sure what it is they have refused or why they have refused it – but I don't see anything which suggest that they are refusing to accept payment – and certainly nothing to suggest that you would be justified in saying that the debt is now annulled. It doesn't help your credibility with them to make those kind of statements over the telephone or elsewhere. It all sounds a bit like Freedom of the Land stuff, I'm afraid