meg&mog

EE paid off tablet (iPad)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1064 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times I've had a look around the forum and couldn't see anything

I had a iPad Air on my mobile phone account with EE a couple of years ago it was actually my husbands in my name anyway yesterday while checking my bill on line I noticed we were still paying for it it shows as tablet (24 month plan) on the bill and after some thought realised it should maybe have been finished by now

I rang them and they confirmed it had finishes in Aug 2016 but that I had to request it be cancelled so I wouldn't continue to be charged the just under £30 a month

I have paid 5 months more than I should have and while I am willing to accept that you have to request it be cancelled not sure why They give you no warning or information that a contract is coming to an end they do with a phone contract

can I claim back the money?

Is this right?

And have you ever come across this before?

Thanks so much guys ☺

Meg&mog

How did you cancel the IPad?

I rang and enquiried as to when the contract ended and they took my phone call as a 30 day notice to terminate the contract so I will be charged another month for a contract that ran out in August

Thanks

I suppose that this wasn't simply a contract for an iPad. I imagine that it included a Sim card. Is that correct?

If that is right then I'm afraid that you have fallen into the usual inertia-selling trap. I can imagine that there are millions of people who enter into a mobile phone contract for which the monthly payment includes the eventual purchase of the telephone as well as a mobile phone/data service each month. At the end of their 24 months, they continue at least for a few months without terminating the contract or renewing it for a new phone. They are then essentially paying an exaggerated monthly fee for what has essentially become a Sim only contract.

If I'm right about your contract then frankly I doubt that there is much that you can do. On the other hand, if it was a contract only for the purchase of the iPad then I think that you can get your money back.

I agree and disagree with Bankfodder on this one. I agree that it is overpriced after 24 months... But i disagree that you can't get your money back.

I recently sent a complaint to EE through their exec team and got a response and resolution next day. It was very similar to your complaint / issue.

marc.allera@ee.co.uk

The exec team may beable to help. Drop him a little email with all the info you have. Give them the date you cancelled. See if they have a call recording. (They should do)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis