• Tweets

• In that case I don't think you'd have any grounds for a claim against the receiver, short of anything actually criminal. The receiver was appointed by the lender so any claim you make should be aginst them. How much equity do you reckon there was when they took possession? Realistic value less outstanding balance (including arrears).  This messing around makes me wonder even more if the property was wildly over valued. Normally a lender would sell and not really care if they got the best price so long as they covered the balance plus their costs. 
    • Hey @lookinforinfo I'm not sure, I don't believe he told them he's the driver. He must have selected an option saying that he's appealing on behalf of the driver or something of the sort. In more news, however, these wannabe thugs are back at it again. Honestly, what a joke. In the letter they sent before this it said they had made "2 attempts" and in this letter they said "4 attempts", I wonder what happened to the "3rd attempt" lol.  WhatsApp Image 2024-04-18 at 14.06.07_44abc9c8.pdf
    • Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe nothing to anyone

have been receiving post for months for my daughter who I rarely see .

I've sent them all back with not at this address

today have returned from hospital to find a threatening letter with magistrates stamp on huge red letters all over it

demanding £1544 of debt for parking fines which I know nothing of and she hasn't lived here for years .

I contacted the mobile phone number on it and he refused to listen.

When my neighbour took over to explain as I suffer with severe ptsd he was truly aggressive and hung up the phone .

I'm sat in my own home absolutely terrified and want to just end it .

I feel so intimidated .

It was hand posted so I know they will be back .

He made that plain .

What can I do ?

Are these Council PCN? if so bailiff cannot force entry, have you a council tax bill with just your name, or you and a partner on it? If so a copy to Bumbles & Co, and a she does not live her letter may help. You are not liable, nor can they force you to pay her debt, they should not even discuss it with you as that will breach Data protection Act

Hide any car away from your home, and do not let Bumbles bailiff in Bumbles are probably daft enough to clamp a child's pedal car (only trying to inject humour to remove some tension)

Other Caggers will be along soon to help further.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I've told them this today so did my neighbour and he basically called me a liar . I said he could check the electoral register and he laughed . Wouldn't listen .my neighbour asked him for magistrates court number he screamed don't tell me my job and hung up .

Is it possible that your daughter's car is still registered at your address?

Has the letter got an address that you can write to stating that your daughter does not live there,

possibly including a copy of your tenancy agreement or council tax bill to evidence that?

(Cross posting with other people as nobody seemed to have replied)

Why aren't we revolting?

Phone the Magistrates court tomorrow morning and ask to speak to the enforcement manager to make a complaint.

If your daughter does not live at the address and has no goods there,

then you should be able to make a statutory declaration to this effect.

The Enforcement Officer from Rundles will be acting for the court and will be contacting your address as presumably your daughters cars are still registered to your address.

It is a shame that you do not know your daughters current address to provide to Rundles, so they can visit her current address.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

She does not have a car anymore and is homeless is about all I know .

If she had any car registered here surely I'd get tax renewal etc through .

he did say this was her last known address

although I do know she lived in same place previously for years.

Don't think Bumbles can collect magistrates fines, only Council PCN,

either way might be worth texting the bailiff with She don't live here

but what is the court reference so you can check on it.

If he sends a nasty text you have something to complain to Rundles about his behaviour later.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Speak to the Magistrates court enforcement manager if you can first thing tomorrow morning.

Rundles can visit the last known address to see whether the person still lives there and once they are satisfied that they are not there, then they should leave.

There should be no attempt made for you to make payment, as enforcement officers are not really allowed to seek payment from third parties.

I personally don't think these enforcement companies should be allowed to be threatening to third parties in the way they sometimes appear to. But unfortunately people do lie about family members not living at an address and they therefore treat all people as potential liars.

If you do receive a visit and are fearful, then call the Police to make a complaint.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Does anyone know if they will turn up in middle of the night .I'm scared witless.

Think it is 6am to 9pm Monday to Saturday, Sunday 10am to 9pm. Something like that.

Do phone Magistrates first thing tomorrow.

She does not have a car anymore and is basically homeless is about all I know . If she had any car registered here surely I'd get tax renewal etc through .he did say this was her last known address although I do know she lived in same place previously for years.

They don't send tax renewal reminders any more, from what I hear.

Why aren't we revolting?

They don't send tax renewal reminders any more, from what I hear.

Oh okay

There is absolutely nothing of hers here there's only my stuff but if he comes in can't prove anything without opening doors and as I said I have severe ptsd due to 10 years of a stalker and now this . I can't cope . I'm sorry .

Don't think Rundles can collect Magistrates fines, only, marstons, Collectica, Swift and Excel. Are these Council PCN?

There is absolutely nothing of hers here there's only my stuff but if he comes in can't prove anything without opening doors and as I said I have severe ptsd due to 10 years of a stalker and now this . I can't cope . I'm sorry .

When he returns, don't open the door speak to him from an upstairs window/through the letterbox and film him even with a phone to record what he spouts. Ask him if these are council PCN, and also that you will be asking the Information Commissioners Office if a bailiff is allowed to force payment from a third party, and discuss the debt with them. that might kill his pig a little, plus you get proof for later.

This is one of the things that I get annoyed about.

Third party does the correct thing - not opening mail that is not theirs and send it back.

Then have the hassle of the EA and possibly having to do a section 85 to claim goods back.

OK the EA is only going to the address supplied, but he/ she could do a simple check of the Electoral register to check.

not 100% but more than they do now.

If there goods are ceased then they have no recourse from the EA.

The EA knows this just to put pressure on the person to pay up, it is totally wrong.

If there were penalties for the EA company then may be innocent people may be left alone.

because they can do this without fear, we hear this many times, and what bugs me more is that

posters on here think it is reasonable for an EA to do this without any research first. Because the rules say so, well may be the creators should think of this before making them.

You are innocent until proven guilty, it should be for the EA company to prove!!not the other way around,

Unfortunately to many fines etc take the view you are guilty until you prove otherwise.

sorry for the rant,

BN is correct SD the way to go forward.

I owe nothing to anyone but have been receiving post for months for my daughter who I rarely see . I've sent them all back with not at this address and today have returned from hospital to find a threatening letter with magistrates stamp on huge red letters all over it demanding £1544 of debt for parking fines which I know nothing of and she hasn't lived here for years .

Lily,

Reading your post a 2nd time, it does seem to me that the size of the debt would indicate that this relates to council tax arrears but that would only be the case if your daughter had been living elsewhere and incurring council tax in here name. Could this have been the case?

Alternatively, if it is the case that the debt relates to parking fines, then this would indicate that the number of unpaid penalty charge notices would be in excess of 6-8 tickets. If so, you should have received a Notice to Owner, a Charge Certificate and an Order for Recovery addressed to your daughter for EACH ticket. This would have been a lot of letters (which I take it that you returned back to the council).

Getting back to the prospect of a future visit:

The enforcement agent has a duty to attend the address on the warrant. What he does not have is a right to come into your home uninvited. If the debt does relate to unpaid parking debts, then he will be looking for the vehicle that was involved in the contraventions. You have said that this vehicle is no longer around. That would limit his ability to enforce the debts.

Thanks Leakie, you suggested the Statutory Declaration, that the named debtor is non resident for x years, and no goods & chattels on the named address are property of said debtor. not me, bun it is an option, with SD in place Bumble's thuggish one is on shakey ground if he chooses to ignore it and all is found correct as in SD.

In any event if Council PCN no right of forced entry no matter what Bumbles bailiff claims, so no car outside and no lettee in kills his pig.

This is one of the things that I get annoyed about.

Third party does the correct thing - not opening mail that is not theirs and send it back. Then have the hassle of the EA and possibly having to do a section 85 to claim goods back.

You have made a good point but regrettably, 'returned mail' has been a problem for enforcement companies for many years. Unfortunately, it is very common for enforcement companies to receive correspondence from a parent, 'ex' partner, 'new' tenant etc 'claiming' that the debtor has moved out.....been thrown etc, and it is only when the enforcement agent attends the property, that he comes face to face with the debtor.

By way of example, a classic case that I was dealing with a short while ago was where a mother had not only returned mail to the the enforcement company stating that her son had been thrown out of the house.....she went even further, by submitting a Statutory Declaration to the agency stating the same !!!! The magistrates court fine was for a lot of money (in excess of £1,500) and the enforcement company carried out their own searches and were of the opinion that the debtor really did live at the address. They attended the warrant address, and spoke to the mother who was again adamant that her son had left the house 3 years earlier. The enforcement agent managed to gain entry, and found the son in bed. Mum tried to claim that her son had returned for the first time the night before begging to be allowed to stay for the night.....his wardrobe showed a wholly different story.

PS: I need to make clear that the debt being enforced was a criminal fine from the Magistrates Court. This is wholly different debt to the one involving Lily. In Lily's case, the debt is considered a civil one and the agent can only gain entry by 'peaceful means' (which in almost all case would be by way of invitation).

But you're all confusing me ! She hasnth lived here for god knows how many years and to my knowledge no cars or anything have been registered here ! Absolutely nada zip nothing! Please talk English and stop arguing. In tears and lost