Work car park

Hairynads
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,I was parked at work last night in the work car park and in high winds a metal barrier(which is one of a few which is standing around beside the car park) was blown over onto my car causing a dent and taking the paint off on my tailgate,i need my car for work as i live approx 20 mile away and work shifts,there are no signs up saying parking is at owners risk.Two workers noticed the barrier under the rear of my car and the damage it had caused and removed said barrier.Is the company duty bound to look after my vehicle while im at work, i wasn't on site at the time,is it worth trying to claim of the company or do i just walk away,many thanks Chris

Unless you can evidence that the company failed to maintain the barrier and therefore it came away in wind damaging your car, then you have no chance. You can't claim against the owners of this barrier or car park in relation to stormy weather causing issues. If the barrier had just failed on its own accord without any wind, then you would stand more chance.

It would need to be a claim against your own comprehensive car insurance, but you would need to see whether it was worth it due to excess and likely premium increases.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread