Jump to content


Bluetonic123

Advice on offer from Wonga

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1065 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I have been trapped by payday loans for years and have finally seen the light and stopped the cycle. I will never take another payday loan again.

 

I have payment arrangements with a few and put in an affordability complaint about Wonga and QuickQuid who I borrowed from month on month for years.

 

I am yet to hear back from about QuickQuid.

 

I had 23 loans in total from Wonga but only the last 3 were in the last six years. The last which I had defualted on was written off by Wonga without me making a complaint. I also received a small refund (less than £100) because they had made an error in calculating my interest.

 

I know that the ombudsmen generally doesn't look into to older complaints but I was advised by the debt camel website that as my loans were month on month they might not be treated as a single borrowing decision and they might look into them as a whole. There is also the caveat that complaints within three years from when the consumer knew, or could reasonably have known, they had cause to complain.

 

Wonga have contacted my adjudicator to offer me £193 for loan 22. The adjudicator has advised me that.This offer has been made before they have been able to look into the facts of my case. So they are unable to say whether I would’ve recommended the offer

amount they are making me.

 

If I accept the offer it will be full and final settlement of my complain and I will not be able to take the claim further.

 

I am not sure what I should do. Money is tight and the money would come in handy. However, if they looked into earlier loans I think the refund would run into the thousands and I would be able to pay all my debts off and get these people off my back forever, as well as pay off a credit card and catalogues which are in arrears.

 

Do you think I should hold out for more or take the offer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...