WELCOME FINANCE some help required plz!!!

jcasey2408
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Saw your mesage on Welcome Dealings thread.

Have you written to Welcome and told them to stop calling and threatened with Wireless Act etc? Worked for me, stopped calling, other than their salesmen trying to sell me a loan :D

All info should come with SAR, mine was awful, couldnt read it and it was a load of rubbish but hey ho!

Tell them to bite your butt til you have all the info .... and write to headquarters saying local mob are bloody awful .... makes them sit up and take notice!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My agrrement has been passed from branch to branch so i dont really know who is in charge of it anymore.

All these phonecalls come from york but originally loan was in scarborough.

Do i my SAR and ''stop calling me'' letter there or straight to head office?

I haven't sent anything out yet just had a new arrival in the family i'm now officially an antie so havent had the time over the kast few days. She's a little ray of sunshine umungst all this chaos.

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 3-11-06

statements recieved (few missing) 17-11-06

prelim letter sent 23-11-06

WON £249.00 refunded in FULL after 1st letter:grin:

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

Welcome finance (mis-sold PPI, extortionate APR, excessive charges)

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

'stop harrasing via telephone' letter sent 23-11-06

Request copies of original credit agreements letter sent 23-11-06

I sent them to my local office.

I have this with me now ready for the next time they phone me-

"I am now taping the rest of this conversation: (Pause for effect) and I am putting you on notice that I intend reporting you to Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, under Section 40 of The Administration of Justice Act 1970, for Harassment. Furthermore, I will from this point on, only communicate with you in writing and if I receive one more telephone call from you or your organisation, I will see that you face criminal proceedings under Section 2 of The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 - and before you say anything further, you may be interested to know that your consumer credit license will not protect you from prosecution. Are we now absolutely clear on this matter?"

Found it on another thread. So if they continue to ring me after they have recieved the letter i will use it.

It will be quite hard not to laugh when saying it.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

welcome finance are utter utter ****.

sorry if this statement constitutes defamation or something, but they make me very angry indeed.

i took out a loan for 2500 in december 2003, at 34.9% apr, and was treated the same manner as jcasey - made to stew in a small hot office for almost an hour while 'checks' were made.

i was also explicitly told that PPI was not optional, and acceptance for the loan was subject to taking the PPI.

the costs of the PPI were applied up front, totalled £812 and took the total borrowing amount up to £3312.

I was one payment late last year due to a works payroll error, and even though i phoned them in advance to warn of the issue, they still charged me £20 for a letter and £20 for a phone call. and of course, they neglected to let me know that a payment was never taken for that month so they could apply additional penalty interest.

my loan was due to be settled next month, but interest and charges mean that three more installments of 140 are due.

i'm in the process of recovering the PPI premiums, as others already have. i don't know how successful i'm going to be, but i'm damned if i'm going to let these ***** get away with fleecing me like they have.

their response to my SAR request made me laugh, as the first item listed in the covering letter was 'credit agreement shows that insurances taken at interview'... in other words, they know exactly what i'm going in for - i'm obviously not the first person to have a go!

to date i have paid over 5000 for a £2500 loan over a 36 month term. shocking.

if you are reading this and are in financial difficulty and need a loan - for goodness sake, steer clear of WELCOME FINANCE.

Sorry to hear that so many off us are in the same boat. But were all in the right place to get it sorted. All us people can't be wrong. i would have thought it was normal until somehow i stumbled across this site.

It's a great feeling to know that what they are doing is wrong, and about time to that we turned it around and gave it back to them.

I want to pay my loan off but i want to pay it off fairly but it seems that WF won't let people do that.

Looking back i did ask if i could take home the computer printed quotes so that i could think it over. she said i could take a quote home but not the computer one she had to hand write it on a blank piece of paper. I should have realised then that something was dodgy but desperate times cloud your judgement.

They never even explained to me how much i would be paying back they just kept pointing to the monthly 'affordable' amount.

I needed the loan for furniture after i split from my sons dad and he took the lot leaving us high and dry. But i wish i had taken the time to look around as there are other options available.

My letters are in the post so something will be done. Once i get then i will be shouting to everyone that will listen until something is done to stop welcome finance.

My friend had a loan with WF and only had four months to go at £125 Pm he decided to pay it off as he came into some money and ended up paying back nearly £1000 - early repayment penalties they said!!!!! Even when you do pay without problems they still get you in the end.

cjm_2006 i agree with you stay well clear of welcome finance, you may be desperate now but things could get a whole lot worse.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

I too am having major problems (details on thread Welcome Finance any dealings???) with these people. I actuallt received an answer to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) today, with a fake copy of the agreement enclosed, no paperwork relating to the PPI - basically they have supplied nothing. I'm about to fire off a CCA request for a 'true signed copy' of the agreement. I'll trry to post updates on both thread now as I know, in my case anyway, reading of other peoples fights with these people - and successes too - has lifted my spirits beyond measure.

Soli you got your SAR reply already, and i sent my request off before you!! no fair!

Anyhow, was just going to say... I have cancelled my direct debit to Welcome as i believe they owe me more than i owe them. I phoned the branch to ask how much they would want for me to pay off the finance early and was told to write in, this i did but i have never recieved a reply!! ( i was just curious anyway... more for our entertainment than the fact i was ever going to pay it off early!) Anyway i sent my SAR to headoffice and cancelled my DD the same day. I have now missed 2 DD payments and all i have received is 1 letter from the branch stating i owe them £20 for the letter an that my DD had been unpaid and please pay up. I have received no phone calls from them (as is the norm when i have missed payments in the past) which makes me wonder if headoffice have told them to go easy on me as i have a SAR request in?? Anyway i wrote a nice letter in reply to theirs stating that i was disputing the amount owed and that thanks for charging me £20 i'll be claiming it all back. They haven't replied! :lol:

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

just a thought, but if i'm expecting my SAR to arrive with no credit agreement, does that mean i should have sent a CCA request now to save the them wasting more time?

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

A S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requires them to release ANY and ALL information they have on you. If they don't send something, you're justified in assuming that they don't have it...

So, as i have not been sent any info on my PPI, i am ok to presume that there isnt any - and to get my money back. Thats quite apart from it being mis sold with the age old 'no PPI, no loan' statement?

head office recieved my 'stop calling me letter' my SAR and my CCA request yesterday.

Surprise surprise no more persistent phonecalls!!!

I can't wait to receive my paperwork or what bits of it they send me. It could get quitw confusing though but still it will be interesting to see whats on it.

I reckon after having a long think that i dont owe them any money (or if i do it will be very little) especially as i my second loan was a small increase and they paid of the first loan off and thay gave me early repayment penalties and no reduction for the PPI which i never wanted or needed in the first place.

Does anyone know if anyone has had any success with getting money back from UNWELCOME FINANCE!!!

For anything whether it be charges, mis-sold PPI etc.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

yep surreylad did, have a search through for his thread

• 1 month later...

i got 2 pices of paper from welcome finance before xmas. thought i would wait till now as things get messy over the festive period postal widse but no nothing.

The 2 pices of paper in question are a list of payments made and outstanding balance. Nothing else thats it.

What do i do now as i was expecting to receive copies of my 2 loan agrements with PPI details on and actual interest rate charged as i know is was above 47%.

Do i issue a non compliance letter cos frankly i am fed up with giving them more and more time. I would like to be able to go knock on their door asking for them to cough up immediately then charge them £25 for the privilidge.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

Ok so i still haven't recieved any info relating to my SAR or CCA requests but i have recieved a letter stating that welcome are passing my account on to the debt collection agency.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what to do know?

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

yes i sent it signed for delivery and i check royal mails website and it had been delivered. I sent it to head branch and it must have been forwarded to my local branch as thats where the single piece of paper was from.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

kieren scothern is senior compliance officer at ruddington- i would fire off a letter to him straight away- although the info i recieved on my subject access requeust was patchy, i wrote and asked for them to confirm that certain info was missing, which they wrote back and admitted, it goes to show that welcome are lax in their paperwork filing.

but who would have guessed a year ago a forum like this would come along. i just dont think they can cope with the tables being turned!

Do you have the address for ruddington?

thanks

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06

My loan is personal not car finance. I chased them up this morning and apparently they are being resent and i should have everything i need by the end of the week.

NatWest

Cap one

S.A.R sent 9-11-06

S.A.R sent 17-11-06