Advise on cancellation Letter (Xercise4Less)

f847
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, seeing there are so so many problems with cancelling the membership with Xercise4Less. I am about to cancel mine with a full month notice, therefore I want to do it the best and right way to avoid any kind of harassment.

I have read the "Cancelling your Gym Agreement - Get it right!" Post at the top. So my plan is to have 2 copies of the same letter handing to the gym staff with them signing the letters(Hopefully they will sign that). But I have no idea what I should include to make this letter "legitimate" in a manner of speaking.

Here is my letter------------

To whom it may concern.

Dear sir or madam,

I would ask that this letter serves as my notice of cancellation for membership with Xercise4Less ___ Gym.

As prior to 19th January 2017, my membership have been monthly rolling contract ever since I first joined Xercise4Less ___ Gym on 19th June 2015. Therefore I would like to inform Xercise4Less that, I choose to terminate my membership after the next direct debit payment on the 19th January 2017. Given a full month of advance notice and will not be responsible for any further payment after that.

By signing this letter, it is served as a confirmation that both parties (Xercise4Less ____ Gym and Member _________) acknowledge and confirm the request of the membership cancellation on this written date.

Xercise4Less

Signature: ________________ Print name : ________________ Date : ________________

Cancellation requested individual

Signature: ________________ Print name : ________________ Date : ________________

---------------------------------

Please let me know if this is a good letter for the job. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by f847

I wouldnt fret about it

its not the fact of them getting it nor signing it

its the proof that you sent it.thats the important bit

which is why we say use free proof of posting from the PO counter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi F847 and welcome to CAG

Try taking the letter to the gym and ask a staff member to sign both copies. If they do, keep your copy safe and that's it - job done.

If they don't want to sign the letters, send one copy of the letter to X4Less's Head Office in Leeds and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO.

By the way, you could shorten the letter to say :-

Dear sir or madam,

I hereby give notice to cancel my gym membership at xxxx gym with immediate effect.

My DD payment on or around 19th January will be paid, after which my DD mandate will be cancelled.

Yours faithfully.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for both comment. I will shorten it up for sure.

Can I just ask what is a free Certificate or a free proof of posting? I am not familiar at all about that.

Do I just go to the Post Office and ask to get a proof of posting when I post it?

just go to a PO counter with your letter with the stamp on it

hand it over

and ask for a proof of posting.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The PO will supply a free Certificate of Posting if you ask. It is perfectly adequate for your needs in dealing with the gym or Harlands/CRS.

This saves you having to pay for "Royal Mail's Signed For" delivery service which is an extra £1.10.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi, thanks for the help.

However, I went to my gym and the staff simply said the cancellation had to be done online,

which I already did over a week ago and never got the result,

only an automate "Sorry to See You Leave Xercise4Less" e-mail, "you will receive a response e-mail soon."

I feel like they are just trying to push me around and never get to cancel it.

Either way, I just want to send the letter as prove I requested it at least a month ahead on the cancellation.

Therefore, does anyone know where I should be sending it to?

I don't seem to be able to find the Xercise4Less Headquarters address,

nor do I know which one it is,

I don't think sending back to my gym address is what I should be doing.

Or should I send the letter to Harlands instead?

and they

Thanks,

According to their website:

harlandsgroup.co.uk

Harlands Services Ltd

2nd Floor, Rockwood House

9-17 Perrymount Road

Haywards Heath

West Sussex

RH16 3TW

Is this the address I should be sending?

post 3 already advises?

and they

post 3 already advises?

Sorry I am a bit confused now, post 3 advise me to send to Xercise4Less Leeds, but just now you advise me to send to Harlands?

EDIT: Nevermind, I will just send it to Leeds. Thanks for the answers.

Edited by f847

sorry I hit the wrong autolink key...

dx

and they

No problem at all, appreciate the help. It seems their head office address is the same as their Leeds Gym address?

1, Kirkstall Industrial Estate, Kirkstall Rd, Leeds LS4 2AZ

If that's not where I should be sending please advise me. Really don't want to send it to the wrong place. Otherwise, that's where I will send it to.

Edited by f847

Yes, send the cancellation letter to X4Less at the address in your post #14.

Don't worry about this too much. X4Less and Harlands both fail to act properly when it comes to cancelling and then Harlands start with their demands and admin fees, etc. But there is NOTHING they do to enforce the alleged "debts" because they know they'll fail when challenged by gym members.

Send the letter, get proof of posting and keep us informed when Harlands or X4Less contact you.