CP Plus windscreen PCN - now NTK Chase Farm Hospital Enfield London - I'm A doctor!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there!

I'm a doctor in Enfield, London.

In late November I was attempting to park at Chase Farm Hospital (my place of work) but as usual there were no spaces. This has been a consistent issue since a large chunk of the car park was closed off to make space for work vehicles and materials (there is major building work going on). I ended up pulling up on a verge, safely and not obstructing traffic or other parked vehicles in any way, as several other cars had done.

I received a parking charge notice on my window demanding £50 (with early bird discount!) for "parking in a restricted area". I have a valid trust-issued parking permit and there is nowhere else nearby to park; I looped the car park several times would've been late for my patients had I not parked where I did.

On the advice of a relative, who has successfully ignored away charges from private parking companies in the past, I ignored it.

My partner is the registered keeper and today received a 'notice to keeper' to the vehicle's registered address (different to my address) now demanding £90 and making threats I've come to understand are not uncommon. They obtained her address from the DVLA though didn't state when exactly.

They have included no evidence (photographic or otherwise) of the vehicle's infraction but their letter otherwise seems fairly robust. Equally I have no photographic evidence of the car at the time, including visibility of signage, but I do have the original charge notice.

I'm now wondering what to do next. I'm tempted to write to the parking/facilities manager at the trust to complain and request that they cancel the charge. I'm also tempted to continue to ignore correspondence from CP+, or at least contact them as my partner (with her consent) indicating that she as the keeper has no intention of paying the charge or identifying the driver.

However I've read up on recent changes in the law r.e. enforceability and my partner is obviously really concerned about it. I also have to consider the potentially serious impact any ensuing legal action could have on my career - the GMC tend to take a dim view of criminality!

I'd really appreciate the advice of the wise and experienced folks here.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to CAG. You're the second doctor to have problems in the last few days. Not the same trust though.

Please bear with us until the guys can get here and advise you before you take any action. Doing something precipitate can cause problems sometimes, although I understand why you're upset.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

As you still ahve the origianl screen ticket and the new NTK. so post them up here with the personal details hidden but leave in the place and dates as they are important, even though you ahve told us. The NTK must contain certain key information and expressed in an exact manner so if they have got the wording wrong they have no claim.

Also can you take a picture of the signage at the place so we can pick holes in that as well. The idea that your parked in a restricted area on the face of it is nonsensical as you can either park there or there is no parking, not restricted parking.

As for your last comment, this is not a criminal matter, the worst that can happen is you actually have to pay them money for nothing.