council tax LO's - now have two Attachments to wages - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think this is in the wrong section but I cant see were to post in the council tax section..

I had attachment of earnings sent to my employer,

this stopped suddenly in April 2016,

no contact from the council and no reply to any letters or emails sent, by me or my employer.

in December 2016 they have issued two more and its crippling me paying the 2 of them plus the current year.,..

. what choices (if any) do I have.... someone please help me

Legally - you have no appeal against the issuing of the attachment of earnings orders (unless you could prove the original liability orders were incorrect) and the local authority can issue up to 2 at any one time (each must be for a different liability order). http://lgfa92.co.uk/attachment-of-earnings-orders-how-much/

The original order will have stopped as it was cleared - there's no requirement for them to issue any confirmation of this to you.

What I used to do (I worked in council tax recovery for 10 years) was to withdraw a second order (assuming it wasn't only a low payment that was coming in) on the basis that the current year was being paid. If payment was defaulted on the order could be re-issued.

It may well be worth asking for the withdrawal of one order to prevent to you falling behind.

How much is the debt ? - You can ask them to remit part of it (and it does have limited rights to an independent appeal) - http://lgfa92.co.uk/section-13a-write-off/

Craig

might it be an idea to contact the council and findout how many LO's they have attained?

their amounts?

and their dates?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

might it be an idea to contact the council and findout how many LO's they have attained?

their amounts?

and their dates?

It is - there should be 2 (or more) liability orders, unless they've tried to get clever and issue two orders on one liability order.

Craig