Is refusing to hand over a parcel to a bailiff by a courier delivering obstruction?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A mate in a company liveried van was attempting to deliver a parcel to an address, where a bailiff was hammering the door,

the bailiff wanted to take the parcel,

courier refused as he said bailiff was not adressee,

bailiff asked couriers name,

he refused,

told courier would be done for obstruction and wrote down van registration number,

what are the chances of plod following this up

The bailiff frightened the excrement out of him

he ran back to the van put the parcel in and drove off after leaving a calling card?

I told him no chance parcel technically is not owned by occupier until signed for.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Ditto ..no chance...did your mate not get his details and registration for trying to intercept a delivery ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ditto ..no chance...did your mate not get his details and registration for trying to intercept a delivery ?

No he hadn't experienced a bailiff at a door during a delivery atempt, just said he was dressed in a black bomber with an ID tag, so just wanted to Foxtrot Oscar and leave the bailiff to it.

Think the bailiff could be guilty of an offence of trying to interfere with a delivery, as the likes of DHL, Yodel etc are subject to same criteria as post, personally been reported for cold calling in a no cold calling zone for delivering Mother's Day flowers after a fogey from neighbourhood watch phoned the van reg no to plod, plod ignored implied right of access as per post etc argument took statement and said offence would be reported, so waiting on CPS....

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

" No he hadn't experienced a bailiff at a door during a delivery atempt, just said he was dressed in a black bomber with an ID tag, so just wanted to Foxtrot Oscar and leave the bailiff to it."

So it wasn't a Bailiff as per the thread title and your first paragraph?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Agree with Andyorch, I drive for Royal Mail and even if we're pulled over by the police they have to accompany us back to our depot before they can do anything regarding the mail we are carrying.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

" No he hadn't experienced a bailiff at a door during a delivery atempt, just said he was dressed in a black bomber with an ID tag, so just wanted to Foxtrot Oscar and leave the bailiff to it."

So it wasn't a Bailiff as per the thread title and your first paragraph?

He was there were two of them, and they had BWC they said they were EA's but mate has no experience so he legged it when they started on him

Agree with Andyorch, I drive for Royal Mail and even if we're pulled over by the police they have to accompany us back to our depot before they can do anything regarding the mail we are carrying.

Absolutely, the police cannot be allowed into the loadspace.

Nothing will come of it.

Probably not, but guy was seriously rattled by the way the bailiffs acted and spoke to him.

• 2 weeks later...
the bailiffs could be reported for attempting to interfere with the post. As the courier co's are general carriers under the law, same as RM then the same law applies

In short, what a pair of *****

Absolutely, even a copper is not allowed to demand access in the street.

I worked at Royal Mail for a few years and got arrested for refusing to hand over a parcel, which was not delivered, to the police.

They arrested me for interfering with evidence. Royal Mail sent a barrister who ripped them apart at the police station. Apparently they don't have the right to intercept the post without a court order and I was right to refuse. Was a strange experience