Advice needed re: iwoot website I want one of those ...order

gwebstech
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Does anyone know my rights here.I bought my father in law a portable turntable forxmas- the iwoot website says " usb encoding and comes with usb cable"

He opened it and the day after asked where the usb cable goes as it doesnt have a usb port. It turns out it doesnt have usb anything! I wrote to iwoot and told them and asked for a return. That was on the 28th December - im STILL getting the same blanket response from them... "were sorry this hasnt met your expectations etc etc well get this sorted for you asap"

Ive asked to pass my complaint to a manager, messaged them on twitter nothing seems to make them care!

I paid by paypal so started a paypal case yesterday ,i honestly cant tell you how bad this company is. There have been a lot of 1 star reviews about them since xmas, their customer service is appalling! i would never ever recommend them to anyone.

With their service im wondering if they will wait until such a date that they say i cant return it any longer as its passed the returns date window. Surely this item isnt as described so im entitled to a refund?

Can anyone advise? ive screenshotted the description in case they change it before i can send it back.

The worst bit is he has cancer and doesnt need any more crap! ive told them im going to contact BBC Watchdog with it

thanks

Under the cra

You can return anything within 14 days

As this was online

You have further time too

How was PayPal paid?

If by debit card

Do a chargeback

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As the item was not as described, it is a breach of the Consumer Rights Act and you have a 30 day short-term right to reject. If you are still within the 30 days of having bought it, then you should write to them immediately and tell them that you are rejecting the item because it is not as described and you want a refund.

In any event, you should be processing a refund through PayPal – and hopefully this doesn't cause any problems.

If it is beyond the 30 days, then because it is not as described, I would say that you still have a right to a full refund – although by now it should be boxed up on its way to the supplier's.

When you do send it back, make sure that you it is fully photographed and sent signed and tracked. You should and all of the costs associated with returning it to your request a refund. What is the value of it?

Good luck with contacting the BBC – but they are unlikely to be interested, unfortunately. The best thing you can do is to start to write up about it on review sites around the Internet – include photographs of the advertisement/website

paypal gives you 45 days to raise a complaint so use the paypal page to start one. Item significantly not as described will be the reason for returning. Paypal will then tell you to return via tracked method and order the refund once their system can recognise it as being delivered. Once you have started paypal dispute DO NOT CLOSE IT UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR MONEY BACK regardless of what the company says.

• 1 month later...

Hi

An update

I had to open a paypal dispute to even get a returns label! ive sent it back and they seem to acknowledge that via DM on Twitter saying i should get a refund soon.

Its been nearly 2 months since i first told them the item wasnt as described and im still waiting for my money

The paypal case got closed automatically - and now they tell me i cant open another case for the same item! i didnt even realise it had. Why dont paypal make it more obvious that if a case closes you cant reopen another??

Ive asked my bank to intervene but they said the money was a direct debit?? so they cant

Ive written a review on Trustpilot and theyve replied and even ignored the fact that im after a refund!

They are blatantly ripping me off, they are not even responding to my account emails now??

What can i do - its nearly £60 worth they owe me!

:-(

thanks

you cant have direct debit to paypal?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thats what i thought??

the money was taken from my card which as far as i knew covers you. Ive written back to my bank.. i just dont get what they were talking about

One other thing:

I know that at least in the past if you had a dispute with Paypal and werent happy with their outcome and you asked or it to be sent to the FSA? for them to look at, then paypal had to pay the FSA? a set fee to get involved,

and if your item was less than the set fee then you were very likely to get a refund as it was cheaper for Paypal to refund rather than pay the higher fee to their governing body

Is this still the case does nayone know?

thanks

why are you writing to the bank??

you can do it now on the phone

just phone your card provider

tell them you want to do a chargeback

off you go

dx

and they

you don't email

you ring the card providers number of your bank.

dx

and they

My bank is all online, ive emailed them before to do a chargeback

they have just written to me and they are basically saying that any payment to PP are treated as DD therefore they cant help??

They said: When you verify your account with Paypal by confirming the 4 digit verification code that Paypal send when

you first set up your account, this creates a Direct debit mandate on your account and any further payments you make leave

VIA the direct debit method. This may appear from your perspective as a card payment, but this is not the case, the payment

is taken VIA direct debit. As mentioned in the previous message, Paypal don't fall under the Direct Debit Indemnity Scheme,

meaning we cannot submit an indemnity to them as it will simply be refused.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do about the way the company have treated you. The following link does state

how Paypal will cover you, but I'm afraid we are unable to pursue this matter for you.

so they should be listed in your dd section of your online banking then?

if so they are right.

and they

yes you can, it may be called a payment authority but it is a DD.

The short answer is to get an address for the company and send a letter before action and sue them. I cant see how the paypal dispute closed unless you closed it. Once opened it requires certain actions from the seller to take it to the next stage so tell us what wnet on there.

you cant have direct debit to paypal?

Hi

The item wasnt as described so asked for returns. They would not send a label until i opened a paypal dispute, i didnt know you couldnt open another dispute once that one had closed! They emailed me via paypal and sent me a label

Ive thought of small claims but as it was only £60 its prob £30 to start a claim and if they pay before court i wont be able to reclaim my money

I cant beliee such a big company are like this. Im writing to head office tomo, please take my advice and NEVER use this company

thanks

Ive had a message today that they say ill get the refund in a few days.

This was after i went on Twitter, and spoke to other users in the same boat. Some people have been waiting 7 weeks for a refund??

A few re tweets and tagging people like BBCWatchdog (asking them to get involved) and the FSA seems to have worked wonders

Also i found that by keeping deleting and then re adding my review on Trust Pilot def makes them take notice

thanks for any help offered, it is much appreciated and lesson learned not to use them again